Myron Gray President of UPS operations on CNBC

aiian

I can't say I'm losing any sleep at night worrying about how UPS handles Peakgate 2O14.

I can only account for my one PC and every single package that made it in to my car were delivered last year.

Overpaid Union Thug

UPS has been telling the press that they've been adding so many more drivers to prepare for peak but in reality that haven't added that many. Hiring a bunch of drivers that were already driving as TCDs and replacing drivers that moved into feeders isn't the same thing as "adding" a bunch of drivers. My center is a perfect example. Yes, there are lots of full-time drivers but they were already working full-time as TCDs and would have been working during peak anyway. Most were driving during last peak. We are up one driver compared to this time last year. WOW! That's showing Amazon we are ready! LOL!

aiian

I can't speak for all of UPS but in my center it wasn't a lack of drivers (or hours) that was the problem.

It was Amazon dumping a :censored2: ton of NDA on us on Christmas Eve. There simply wasn't enough time in the night to get it all unloaded and sorted for the drivers.

Knowing what my truck looked like that day I don't think we had enough room (trucks) to load the work in even if we could get it sorted.

PT Car Washer

My building has added a lot of new drivers. Most are struggling. Not sure how they will do at peak with blown out trucks, winter weather and getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon.

Ouch

Yeah and I hit the Mega Millions tonight and tomorrow im putting in my 2 weeks, NOT lol.
2 weeks? Come on man. I often said If I ever hit a lottery I would go in an drive the truck till it ran out of fuel. Park it, change my clothes and meet the family at the airport to move to our new home in the keys. Live happily ever after. Lol lol lol lol. Course now that's out of the question. Lol

Overpaid Union Thug

I can't speak for all of UPS but in my center it wasn't a lack of drivers (or hours) that was the problem.

It was Amazon dumping a :censored2: ton of NDA on us on Christmas Eve. There simply wasn't enough time in the night to get it all unloaded and sorted for the drivers.

Knowing what my truck looked like that day I don't think we had enough room (trucks) to load the work in even if we could get it sorted.
Amazon was accepting and processing orders for UPS that had no chance of getting on a trailer or plane on time to get delivered Xmas Eve. Hiring more fulltime drivers (many of which were already working 40+ hours as parttimers) can't fix that. My concern is that with corporate lying and making shippers think that we have just went through a massive expansion Amazon will pull the same crap again. And blame us. AGAIN.
Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OT but a few hours ago, a driver sent a message in that he was going to have late airs and an 11+ hour day. Then another OMS said "who is this", they said the name...apparently no one had ever heard of this driver. But he's in for at least 11. A little weird that management doesn't know who is working.