Mysterious Packages Show Up At Allston Office

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mysterious Packages Show Up At Allston Office
Reporting
Kate Merrill
ALLSTON (WBZ) ―
WBZ

"An Amazon package to someone in Boston, Mass. on Park Drive," said Alex Safian.

There is a pile of packages in the entrance of Alex Safian's Allston office building and the labels are addressed to all over the country.

"They are in transit. They aren't from this building, not to this building, they are just dropped off here and just sitting here," said Safian.

A surveillance camera shows a man, who looks like a delivery man, dropping them on Tuesday at 8 a.m. People here say it's the third time this has happened.

One of those packages was sent from Johnson String Instruments in Waltham to Alaska, so we gave Johnson String a call.

The company tells WBZ it sent the expensive instrument on September 7th through the U.S. Postal Service.

Now, eight days later it's sitting in Allston. They are stumped.

"No, we have no idea that it's sitting there," said an employee at Johnson String.

They plan to come get it themselves.

As for all the rest, Safian called the Allston Post Office. They say it's not their problem.

"He said it's not their responsibility, and they're not interested," Safian said. He added that that response made him upset since it seems like he cares "more about the US Mail than the US Postal Inspector does."

The US Post Office in Boston tells WBZ it is baffled and is now investigating.

Late Wednesday, a person from the USPS came and picked up many of the packages, leaving only five.

We called UPS as well, it says it did not deliver those packages, but :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

over9five

Staff member
OK, I watched the video that time. The quality sucks, but it could be brown. All the barcodes I saw look like USPS tho.

Nimnim

The Nim
OK, I watched the video that time. The quality sucks, but it could be brown. All the barcodes I saw look like USPS tho.

Yeah, the video quality sucks, and the video player from that website sucks for not letting me fullscreen; however, it does look like the person is carrying a UPS tote box.

Though the labels shown all seem to be USPS, which makes it all the stranger. Is this the new method to dispose of USPS packages that end up in the UPS system?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
an am airdriver was WAD to remove the other carriers parcels from our building. Not being to bright, he dumps them all in one location repeatly.

Nimnim

The Nim
WAD? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation. Also are you giving us the story or your speculation? Don't want to assume, but last I checked Boston was in Mass. :wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WAD? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation. Also are you giving us the story or your speculation? Don't want to assume, but last I checked Boston was in Mass. :wink2:
WAD could also mean Wink and Duck.
Just the known facts, no speculation.
The driver confessed to it.
Also I can confirm that it is indeed him on that limited video.