Myth busters...Majority of wallstreet fatcats are Republicans

bbsam

Staff member
So in going after Wall Street, Obama is trying to clean up a mess, not deliver political favors. Good.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
So in going after Wall Street, Obama is trying to clean up a mess, not deliver political favors. Good.

You could look at it that way or you could see that our Govt has always been corrupt and the missconception is that wallstreet fat cats are Republicans. There is nothing wrong with some regulation as long as it does not help one person over another. If you dont have some rules in place then someone will always take advantage.

bbsam

Staff member
Even when rules are in place, people take advantage. Lawyers are paid huge money to find the grey area in rules and regulations.

bbsam

Staff member
That's what's wrong with Republicans these days. You've completely discounted what you were. Alan Simpson is a good and descent man and look how you talk about him. McCain probably going down the same way to that blowhart Hayworth.

Interesting, a democrat that says "look at where we are, and where we are going." bbsam, try looking forward, I know you love to point fingers at everybody else. It's time to grow up now, no more excuses. We've got Greece and the US could be Greece 2.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When do you become an "old fart?" At a certain age? When you become grand parents? And does that mean you are stinky too?

A sure sign for women is when they start wearing those plastic hats.

...and for a man it is when he wears his pants up around his chest:

old_man_med.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Interesting, a democrat that says "look at where we are, and where we are going." bbsam, try looking forward, I know you love to point fingers at everybody else. It's time to grow up now, no more excuses. We've got Greece and the US could be Greece 2.
Maybe I've not been clear. I think corruption is rampant everywhere in politics on both sides. I think we are headed the way of Rome in the next century unless drastic measures are taken. I think the only way to destroy the United States is from within and with all factions clamoring for their own little piece the whole is in jeopardy. So yes, time to grow up and we're all gonna have to make do with a bit more in taxes and a bit less in services. Yes, all of us. How's that for grown up. I invite you along for the ride.

moreluck

golden ticket member
" I think we are headed the way of Rome in the next century unless drastic measures are taken"

We're gonna have vomitoriums ???!! :surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"So yes, time to grow up and we're all gonna have to make do with a bit more in taxes and a bit less in services. Yes, all of us. How's that for grown up. I invite you along for the ride."

So, Obama DID lie about not raising taxes !!!! :peaceful:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
"So yes, time to grow up and we're all gonna have to make do with a bit more in taxes and a bit less in services. Yes, all of us. How's that for grown up. I invite you along for the ride."

Sounds like what BB said to me. But making do without services...looks like Obama is adding more entitlments to me instead of less services.

bbsam

Staff member

Ok. I'll play along. Obama lied. Now lets get back to growing up. After I say nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, do-do looks like you-you.