Mythbusters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't need law school. Courts in multiple federal districts have made the decision already and fedex is paying at least a half billion to settle the cases. I'm going to be getting my $40k or so soon.

You seem totally unaware of the legal situation. When fedex settles, they aren't required by the courts to change the model. They get to keep it, even if it has been proven or ruled to be against regulations.
I was just joking but paying fines does nothing.

bacha29

Don't need law school. Courts in multiple federal districts have made the decision already and fedex is paying at least a half billion to settle the cases. I'm going to be getting my $40k or so soon.

You seem totally unaware of the legal situation. When fedex settles, they aren't required by the courts to change the model. They get to keep it, even if it has been proven or ruled to be against regulations.
I see now where you're coming from and you're right. The out of court settlement is a preemptive move ahead of a judges ruling that would require XGround to restructure it's operating model. It's simply a move by X to purchase a legal precedent that would serve as a foundation that allows it to continue on it's merry way doing whatever it damn well pleases.As is often the case with many similar cases. X did not out argue the plaintiffs. It did not out maneuver the plaintiffs. It simply out moneyed the plaintiffs.

Exec32

How many contractors are ECONOMICALLY DEPENDENT on X?
Well better get ready for change because X is not gonna be giving us the heads up.

How many Harvard lawyers do you think it took to explain this one to old Fred?
The only way the contractor comes out ahead, do it your way from now on, eliminate all unpaid for services. Invoice them for every meeting, late dispatch, any delay, and any requests. Do it your way bro because there is no one they can rely on to take your place and get in line for the inevitable prize.

Exec32

I see now where you're coming from and you're right. The out of court settlement is a preemptive move ahead of a judges ruling that would require XGround to restructure it's operating model. It's simply a move by X to purchase a legal precedent that would serve as a foundation that allows it to continue on it's merry way doing whatever it damn well pleases.As is often the case with many similar cases. X did not out argue the plaintiffs. It did not out maneuver the plaintiffs. It simply out moneyed the plaintiffs.
X is trying to avoid precedence. This will not work much longer when they soon remove any vague loop hole that exists within the law. Not to mention this is a drag on the old X brand.

Exec32

Just the fact that fedex requires that you have employees means you are not independent. Someone who has the freedom to work alone and set their own schedule, and determine for themselves how many hours a day they want to work is independent. Fedex doesn't allow any of that. If fedex really wanted independent contractors, and treated people as such, they would have people fighting to be contractors. If people were happy, quality would be higher. If more people wanted to work for fedex, quality would be higher.
Right on,
We have routes you can't give away, and idiots buying in and losing their arsss.