N. Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, the Vatican news

island1fox

Why the sudden change regarding Missle Defense ??

Sequestor cuts---- not adds.

We are not being told something !!

West coast be very afraid !

moreluck

golden ticket member
If the pres. is saying within the year....he usually lies.

The real people say sooner.

All I know is that protection to be completed by 2017 is too little too late.

They (gov't) didn't at first want to do anything in Alaska for West Coast defense......I vote to nuke their nuke plants before we have to defend hundreds of missiles, which can't all be intercpted. Sanctions are for wussies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Missle Defense !!!! Will Obama give Reagon the credit --I doubt it --after all the years of delay by the Dems --the West coast hopes it is not to late.

This is the "Hope" Obama promised and the "change" is the Defense system !!
Actually this was Bush's idea , to add these extra batteries but nixed by bhos in 2009 .

moreluck

golden ticket member
It’s no secret Pope Francis vehemently opposes pro-abortion politicians receiving Communion.

Via Politico:
Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, both strong pro-choice advocates, took communion during the papal mass Tuesday in Rome, according to a pool report.

The move could potentially reignite a passionate debate about the propriety of participating in the ritual without fully abiding the Catholic Church’s teachings.
Pope Francis has said he is clearly against the practice, particularly by pro-choice politicians.

“We must adhere to ‘eucharistic coherence’, that is, be conscious that they cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act with deeds or words against the commandments, particularly when abortion, euthanasia, and other grave crimes against life and family are encouraged,” he wrote in 2007. “This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”

over9five

Staff member
It’s no secret Pope Francis vehemently opposes pro-abortion politicians receiving Communion.

Via Politico:
Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, both strong pro-choice advocates, took communion during the papal mass Tuesday in Rome, according to a pool report.

The move could potentially reignite a passionate debate about the propriety of participating in the ritual without fully abiding the Catholic Church’s teachings.
Pope Francis has said he is clearly against the practice, particularly by pro-choice politicians.

“We must adhere to ‘eucharistic coherence’, that is, be conscious that they cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act with deeds or words against the commandments, particularly when abortion, euthanasia, and other grave crimes against life and family are encouraged,” he wrote in 2007. “This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”
Seems pretty two-faced to me to receive holy communion on Sunday, and advocate the murder of children the rest of the week.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some people take the rules seriously. I didn't go to communion at my dad's funeral because I hadn't been to church in awhile. (mortal sin, you know)

My niece says to me ...."it's OK, you can receive communion."

My comment to her was....."Who died and made you POPE GOD ??

moreluck

golden ticket member
BishR20130320_low.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rules are rules.......our interpretation doesn't matter. Read about infallibility of the pope in matters of faith & morals.....maybe you were absent that day.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rules are rules.......our interpretation doesn't matter. Read about infallibility of the pope in matters of faith & morals.....maybe you were absent that day.

Catholicism is not a designer religion.....take it or leave it !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Cardinals could not have picked a better Pope.
(CNA News) - Pope Francis surprised the owner of a kiosk in Buenos Aires with a telephone call to send his greetings and explain that he will no longer need a morning paper delivered each day.

Around 1:30 p.m. local time on March 18, Daniel Del Regno, the kiosk owner’s son, answered the phone and heard a voice say, “Hi Daniel, it’s Cardinal Jorge.”
He thought that maybe a friend who knew that the former Archbishop of Buenos Aires bought the newspaper from them every day was pulling a prank on him.
“Seriously, it’s Jorge Bergoglio, I’m calling you from Rome,” the Pope insisted.
“I was in shock, I broke down in tears and didn’t know what to say,” Del Regno told the Argentinean daily La Nacion. “He thanked me for delivering the paper all this time and sent best wishes to my family.”
Del Regno shared that when Cardinal Bergoglio left for Rome for the conclave, he asked him if he thought he would be elected Pope.
“He answered me, ‘That is too hot to touch. See you in 20 days, keep delivering the paper.’ And the rest is, well, history,” he said.
“I told him to take care and that I would miss him,” Del Regno continued. “I asked him if there would ever be the chance to see him here again. He said that for the time being that would be very difficult, but that he would always be with us.”

Daniel’s father, Luis Del Regno, said they delivered the paper to the former cardinal’s residence every day.
On Sundays, he said, the cardinal “would come by the kiosk at 5:30 a.m. and buy La Nacion. He would chat with us for a few minutes and then take the bus to Lugano, where he would serve mate (tea) to young people and the sick.”

Among the “thousands of anecdotes” the elder Del Regno remembers is one involving the rubber bands that he put around the newspapers to keep them from being blown away when they were delivered to the cardinal.
“At the end of the month, he always brought them back to me. All 30 of them!”

He said he gets goose bumps whenever he thinks about Pope Francis’ simplicity.

“In June he baptized my grandson, it was an amazing feeling,” Del Regno said. “I know what he’s like. He’s one of a kind.”

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Greg Palst has aged, and not in a good way. Don't you agree wk?

He is correct in a lot of ways, as usual. XL Keystone is not good, and the Commie in Venezula was not inherently evil.

Had to bail after 6 mins, tho.

wkmac

So, according to some, North Korea is on the verge of wiping out the United States. We can all even clearly see the plans in place with our own eyes. Yet if one were to actually drill deeper, one would clearly see where illusions end and reality begins. So did Kim Jong Un score big at the auction of set props from the Dr. Strangelove film? The 1980's War Games movie set makes N. Korea's new toys look like 1930's B movie set hardware. Fear is the mind killer.

If anyone thinks the Neo-Con BS departed Washington when George Bush II left and George Bush III was took control, think again!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The missing point is that NK does not need to actually land a nuclear missile on US soil . All they have to do is get a rocket up far enough & let the earth's rotation carry in over the US , then explode it . The nuclear explosion would create such a large EMP that most of the US infrastructure would be destroyed . All electronic devices would become useless. Basically shutting down most of the USA .
They could also deliver one such missile from a cargo ship sailing along our coast .