NAACP

UPS Lifer

I was referring to this:
The mobsters and unions were in the pocket of the Democratic machine and had dead people voting all the time. This is how Kennedy won the Presidency and the reason he was assassinated- brother Bobby took on the mob

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f13/naacp-334405/index3.html#ixzz284dp2zFH
/QUOTE]

You have to understand Chicago politics. My dad ran a Congressional campaign in Chicago, so I know from his mouth what goes on. A very good friend was also a Congressional candidate in Chicago more recently and confirmed the stories. First hand knowledge from two extremely credible sources. The media takes stories to press with two confirmed sources!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was referring to this:
The mobsters and unions were in the pocket of the Democratic machine and had dead people voting all the time. This is how Kennedy won the Presidency and the reason he was assassinated- brother Bobby took on the mob

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f13/naacp-334405/index3.html#ixzz284dp2zFH
/QUOTE]

You have to understand Chicago politics. My dad ran a Congressional campaign in Chicago, so I know from his mouth what goes on. A very good friend was also a Congressional candidate in Chicago more recently and confirmed the stories. First hand knowledge from two extremely credible sources. The media takes stories to press with two confirmed sources!!!

So are you saying that Kennedy only won the election because the mobsters and unions had dead people voting? And that he was assassinated by the mafia?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama phones, food stamps and EBT cards aren’t enough?
WASHINGTON (AP) — When black voters gave President Barack Obama 93 percent support on Election Day in defiance of predictions that they might sit it out this year, black leaders breathed a collective sigh of relief.

That encouraged those leaders to try to leverage more attention from both Obama and Congress. Although they waver over how much to demand from the president — particularly in light of defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney’s assertion that Obama gave “gifts” to minorities in exchange for their votes — they are delivering postelection wish lists to the president anyway.

“I think the president heard us loud and clear. The collective message was, ‘Let’s build on where we already are,’” the Rev. Al Sharpton told reporters after a White House meeting last week with a collection of advocates representing largely Democratic constituencies.

Specifically, Sharpton said, that means keeping the brunt of the looming “fiscal cliff” of tax increases and spending cuts off the backs of the middle and working class.

NAACP President Benjamin Jealous aimed that same message at Congress, especially on where tax relief is extended.

“We need Republicans to think hard and to pull back from the cliff 98 percent of our families, who make up the bulk of this nation, from seeing our taxes being raised,” Jealous said.

National Urban League President Marc Morial acknowledged in an interview that “we sweated turnout all the way to the end,” because the country’s underlying economic conditions made it tougher to mobilize black voters. Within days of the election, Morial sent to Obama, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., an “urgent petition” asking that Obama’s second term focus on economic opportunity and income inequality.

A jobs program should emphasize infrastructure and public works, broadband technology and energy “with a special focus on those communities where unemployment is and remains stubbornly and persistently high,” Morial’s letter said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Washington Examiner:

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Thursday addressed the Nov. 4 midterm elections in a statement that failed to make any mention of the historic wins of Congresswoman-elect Mia Love, R-Utah, and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.

Love is not only the first Haitian-American elected to Congress, but she is also the first African-American woman running as a Republican to be elected to Congress. Meanwhile, Sen. Scott’s victory on Tuesday makes him the first African-American senator to win an election in the South since the Reconstruction.

Shortly after the NAACP released its Nov. 4 statement, which was first obtained by TownHall, GOP deputy press secretary Raffi Williams issued a series of tweets criticizing the organization for its failure to mark Love’s and Scott’s major wins.

“If the [NAACP] was a truly bipartisan org thay [sic] would support all blacks not just dem Blacks,” he said in a tweet. “I wish an org like the [NAACP] would support black ppl of ideologies. Unfortunately they are proving how out of date they are.”

The NAACP “should support all black ppl who are working to affect positive change in their communities. But they don’t,” he added. Williams complained in another tweet that the organization “wont celebrate black republicans.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Reminds me of the Congressional Black Caucus .
An organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans .
But not Rep. West ( R ) of Florida .