Naive people

STFXG

and how does your experience as a ground contractor relate to the express hourlies issues with vacation bidding?

In our vacation program we bid based on seniority. 1 week each and work our way through all the contractors that sign up. Then back to the top. For those that sign up for the program that is.

Not that my example has anything to do with your program. Just pointing out how nice the scam can be.

bbsam

Staff member
Please have an original thought instead of stealing bbsam's philosophy. At least give him credit for your stealing his rationale.
It's ok. Unfortunately your situation and our philosophy seem to be forever linked in Express' death spiral.

Jayhawk

Mr or Ms Jayhawk, FYI, with DRA, we are all equal. And yes, with my 5 weeks plus, about 6 weeks and 5 sick days, I will take only the best weeks and leave you with nothing. This is the only thing we SENIOR employees have left.
Hahaha That's the attitude. I love it. Everybody on here needs to read some of Goldi's past post. She was one of the biggest kool-aid drinkers on here now she has suddenly done a 180...... There's a huge difference in sticking it to smith like some of think you are doing but thing I am trying to get at is these lazy a$$es that screw co-workers because dammit they have been here longer and they have earned the right not to do a damn thing anymore.

Goldilocks

Guess you don't have DRA at your station. Everyone works the same. And yes, I have seen the light. I also feel the mid range employees deserve to be topped out. But as far as vacation, seniority first.

CharleyHustle

I would love to see UPS adopt this policy. Keep in mind that I have 25 years in and I am #7 on the seniority list so, yes, this would affect me.

Younger drivers w/kids generally get screwed when selecting vacations.

In the Central Conference we have had language to adopt a similar vacation plan. It has been voted down by wide margins every time it has been tried.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Hahaha That's the attitude. I love it. Everybody on here needs to read some of Goldi's past post. She was one of the biggest kool-aid drinkers on here now she has suddenly done a 180...... There's a huge difference in sticking it to smith like some of think you are doing but thing I am trying to get at is these lazy a$$es that screw co-workers because dammit they have been here longer and they have earned the right not to do a damn thing anymore.

Looks like "Goldi," didn't even agree with you.

I'm still trying to understand your "lazy a$$es" connection, with being a "senior" employee. Awww ... guess it makes you feel better, huh?

Just admit it; you will NOT be getting the summer off, with your SIX DIGIT employee number.

Also understand this ... even if I decided to give you a vacation day/week, it would have to be posted. So you wouldn't get it anyway (already tried this).

At one time we could "switch" a day (say you work my Saturday, I work your Monday), but we had an idiot that messed that up.

Carry on with that "purple-blood I.V.".

dezguy

There are lazy asses at all seniority levels at FedEx. We have one employee who just got through her probation and now thinks she can do whatever she wants. A few weeks ago she decided she had done enough for work the week and purposely fudged her numbers on the stop count sheet, saying she had way more stops than she actually did, leaving the rest of us to absorb what she didn't want to do.

Goldilocks

There are lazy asses at all seniority levels at FedEx. We have one employee who just got through her probation and now thinks she can do whatever she wants. A few weeks ago she decided she had done enough for work the week and purposely fudged her numbers on the stop count sheet, saying she had way more stops than she actually did, leaving the rest of us to absorb what she didn't want to do.

So you must be one of the few stations not using dra. The senior employees keep this company running. Without us it would go down the tubes.