Naive people

dezguy

So you must be one of the few stations not using dra. The senior employees keep this company running. Without us it would go down the tubes.
We don't have dra in Canada and give your head a shake because this company is already gone down the tubes even with your supposed senior employee superior work ethic.

Hroller

I was a UPS seasonal for many years. Worked 6 months per year at UPS, did side jobs and UE pay during the other 6 (or went on vacation in a warm weather state!).
No benefits when you are seasonal though.

FedEx offered me a permanent PT courier job. Started around $15.53 an hour. Worked approximately 20-24 hours weekly and got benefits. Take home pay after benefit deduction was around $210. Got a 3% raise, but with benefit deduction increase my raise only amounted to an extra $1.98 take home a week!

UPS called me back to drive seasonal. I said I needed a permanent position.
They offered me a job unloading trucks in the evening....$9.50 an hour. 15 hours per week.
No benefits for 12 months though. Obamacare til then I guess.

Thing is....since I can drive, UPS uses me for air delivery (11.50 per hour) or filling in on a route at $16.10...soon to go up.

All said and done I work about 25 hours per week and bring home $290. During peak and the summer months I take home about $600 a week.

So it is working out for me money wise.

However....the work at Fed Ex is like a vacation compared to UPS. You bust your ass at UPS like no job I have ever had!

In 3 years I can probably bid on a FT driving job if I want to bust my ass 9-10 hours a day, five days a week.