name that car

DS

Fenderbender
Youre BOTH right its a candy, and a breath mint!
its an AMX
Its really a tricked out javelin,the matador was
bigger and uglier .Then there was the Lincon
of the AMC...the ambassador...it you want pix
I`ll supply them...my first car was a 64 rambler
american...go figure...lost the faith with the
gremlin and the pacer.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
the ultimate definition of a puddle jumper?
I rented a gremlin once and tried to drive through 12 inches of water and put it in the swamp

over9five

Staff member
Yes, my first car WAS a chick magnet.

Pinto_Babes.jpg

That's right! It's a Pinto!! C'mon, Tooner and Aspen. You know you wish you were there!
Pinto_Babes.jpg

Channahon

Not that I know of, but I did drive a 63' BUG.

I learned how to drive a stick shift on a '63 bug with a sunroof that was a ragtop, literally.

Anyways, a bit younger back then, but helped me with my road test at UPS. I figured a stick shift is a stick shift and passed my road test.
1978 and the rest was history, until 2006 when I retired

Who knew that little bug, would be a part of my future???

DS

Fenderbender
picture the options compared to todays cars,(ac,pw,ps,pb,ke,cc,ts etc)all n/a but it would last 10 years no problem...I owned 3 of them over the years

DS

Fenderbender
Man,I thought the new mustangs looked a lot like the originals from the early 70`s,check out the new proposed trans am,its
almost identical to the old ones,although I bet they're a lot
smaller than they used to be...and get rid of that stupid
decal on the hood.Otherwise this looks like a sweet ride.

I had an '84 Trans Am, bought it from my parents in 1986. Drove it 'til about 1999. Sat in the garage until last year when I got rid or it...Brings back old memories.:crying:

BCFan

ex wife hadda 73 pinto the ones with the exploding gas tank ....friend of mine told me the name stood for pain in neck to own :ohmy: BC (not broken chevrolets)

satellitedriver

I learned how to drive a stick shift on a '63 bug with a sunroof that was a ragtop, literally.

Anyways, a bit younger back then, but helped me with my road test at UPS. I figured a stick shift is a stick shift and passed my road test.
1978 and the rest was history, until 2006 when I retired

Who knew that little bug, would be a part of my future???
I loved my bug. It was a hard top and had factory A/C. I have never seen one since with factory air. Damn, the memories that were made in that car!!!
Drive In movies / road trips to New Orleans / camping trips in the hillcountry of Texas/ having my face go through the windsheild when I hit a semi-dump truck. My poor bug died that day, but I didn't. It is good to have a hard head when you drive a car without seatbelts. I am a sentimental kind of person. Before the wrecker took it away( Yeah ,cut up, broken nose and other injuries) I took the hood ornament off. It is in a type drawer hanging on the wall of my kitchen with other small objects that have meaning to me.
My bug got 35 MPG. I really am sentimental about it now.

satellitedriver

Man,I thought the new mustangs looked a lot like the originals from the early 70`s,check out the new proposed trans am,its
almost identical to the old ones,although I bet they're a lot
smaller than they used to be...and get rid of that stupid
decal on the hood.Otherwise this looks like a sweet ride.
It has attitude written all over it.