National Contract Survey

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BigUnionGuy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Did you receive one ?

When you do, take the time to fill it out. It is short, and to the point.

Send it back. Prepaid envelope.

2. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

YES, I received it a few weeks back, sent it back the same day.
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I got mine yesterday, its in the mail today. I also attended our proposal meeting today. Contract time is an important time, everybody needs to pay attention and participate in the process.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I also received mine yesterday and put it in the mail today.

To those who have not yet taken it----pay attention to what is being asked of you in Question #1. You are being asked to rank the 9 items in order of priority from 1 to 9----that means you can only fill in each of those numbers once for that question. Doing otherwise will void your response for that question.
  5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

So, everybody but you is too stupid to understand the directions ?
  6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Upstate is just saying....Read the question first... before you mark it wrong.

Anyone in a hurry.... could make a mistake. It happens.

7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Mine came yesterday, just got done filling it out.
    For question 1 my priorities in order were:

Pension Benefits
    Health and Welfare Benefits
    Hourly Wages
    Safety Conditions
    Job Security
    Production Standards
    Excessive OT

Goes out in the mail tomorrow.
  8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping to retire in 33 months when I reach the age of 57 and can get my full pension and health insurance, so thats how I filled mine out.
  9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It's just a little long-distance lover's spat BUG ... it's their form of internet hallway sex.
  10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Didn't receive any survey but I have started thinking up comebacks for all the people who will say local 705 "should just take what UPS is offering" instead of us working out our own, often better, contracts.
  11. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

The letter is stupid ,all the issues are #1 proiritys to me , why would we give up a dayyumm thing , push for more , a company that post record profits qaurter after quarter should accomadate their employees to the fullest . we are no longer talking about MILLIONS , we are on to BILLIONS , or half a TRILLION .If your going to play baseball , atleast swing the bat .
  12. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Received it yesterday, will be sending it back tommorow
  13. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Got it on Saturday, walked it to the mailbox today.
  14. rod

rod retired and happy

Thats asking alot to rank those in order of what is important to you. Anyone of them could make the top of the list given the right circumstances on different days at work.
  15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

16. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

did you step down as president of the d.l.u.m. club? doesnt like union mailings.
  17. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Got it in the mail yesterday, and it goes out tomorrow. Let's get this resolved quickly and to the benefit of all us Brothers & Sisters
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Just got home found it in the mail today. It will be going out tomorrow.
  19. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I agree. Honestly for me at this point it's pension benefits and then everything else, but since they asked I gave it some thought and put them in an order that reflects the way I feel most of the time.
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have to think that this is why they asked us for the demographic data later in the survey. Our age and years of service will shape the way that we rank those endices.