National Right to Work - The Beginning of the End

InsideUPS

Apathetic and disgruntled Union workers along with Trump voters can now either lament or celebrate that the remaining 24 states in the U.S. will soon be "Right to Work".
This Is Not a Drill: Bracing for the Trump Era | Labor Notes

"National Right to Work" will mark the "Beginning of the End" for Unions in our country with consequential wage reductions, benefit reductions, etc.. Future generations will never know or be able to appreciate the benefits of being part of a Union. I'm not here to defend the democrats as they also have enacted many laws and governed in a manner that has been detrimental to labor and our country. Voting for President of the U.S. this year for me was a disgusting choice between two undesirable candidates, each with a unique set of putrid ideals, morals, personality disorders, etc.. In the end, the choice was clear for those that truly support Unionism and recognize the traits and consequences of electing a President with narcissistic personality disorder.
Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia

badpal

As a UPSER in a Right to Work state, I think the boogieman of Right to Work is way overblown. 99% of my center belong to the union. Paying union dues is an insurance policy. Just like donating to the United Way.

futile process

Right to work, is not all bad. It forces the union to actually produce for the members. What is bad is that a non member gets representation for free. It is kind of like a motorist who doesn't buy insurance, gets into a wreck, then gets his car fixed by us who do buy insurance.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I will pay dues either way HOWEVER, logically it is difficult to argue against RTW.

Union security clauses are negotiated into collective bargaining agreements. RTW is government interference in a private contract between an organization and a corporation.

If you don't want to pay dues while working in a union shop, any one has the "right" not to :censored2:ing work there.

National RTW could cut as deep as 30% nationwide and will absolutely be a gut punch for labor.. but won't be the "end" of us.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Union security clauses are negotiated into collective bargaining agreements. RTW is government interference in a private contract between an organization and a corporation.

If you don't want to pay dues while working in a union shop, any one has the "right" not to :censored2:ing work there.

National RTW could cut as deep as 30% nationwide and will absolutely be a gut punch for labor.. but won't be the "end" of us.
Sometimes it takes the WRONG thing happening for the masses to see the more "right" thing. I really don't know or, honestly, care.<beer> *popcorn*

:D

Faceplanted

Having trouble finding where Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson weighed in on right to work. Help me out.
The whole ideology the country was based on was feeedom. Being forced to pay dues to work a job is far from freedom.

We do have the right to form a Union and bargain, people should have the right not to join, not pay dues, and not be represented for concerning cillective bargaining or any discipline issues that would result in termination.

Pay dues=receive Union perks
Don't pay=No union perks

The concept is fairly simple

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Union should adapt and grow so it can better serve its membership. Make it seem like a bad deal not to join.