Natural Hair

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had never heard the term before but tonight "Nightline" had an episode with this topic.
I must say I really like the Natural look ... just didn't know it had a name.
One thing that was mentioned is that Afro-Americans felt they could not wear their hair 'naturally" for the last 50 years or more.

So my question, "Do African-Americans on here feel that way working at UPS?
How about with your customers?

I have noticed more black females having this hairstyle over the years.
I personally love this hair look ... especially on this cute lady.
View attachment 96535

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ffcc99]Mac[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
You just like her because she is sporting the Jerry Garcia hippie glasses.... You would say the same thing about Dave in a tyedye greatful dead t shirt

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your question might have started off as a serious question but unfortunately others on here want to take it in a different direction. I think you just answered your own question though for many years black women were made to feel that way by Society and now much more are accepting their own Natural Born features has being beautiful and proud of them
They are Fluffers, what do you expect? I just ignore their posts outside Fluffland although I usually laugh at them.

Atlanta is a strong powerful force for African-Americans since they have held most seats and controlled Atlanta politics for many decades.
Whenever I go to Atlanta (about 30 miles), I see people more like me and I feel like I fit in more so than out in the boonies where I live.
for instance, I feel much more comfortable when I go to a concert in Atlanta than I do when I go to a gospel/country venue in Bremen (Milltown).
I get a lot of stares out in Bremen.
Obviously, the issue here is judging people ... especially based on physical appearance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just because your around or friends with black/ people of color doesn't mean that you have a clue about them. As for touching. Does a pregnant woman a want people just randomly rubbing her belly? No matter what color your skin is there's a thing call personal space. If you want information about a person why not just ask not reach out and touch. Asking a question can get an answer.
Duh! That's why I told him he can't ask without touching.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just because your around or friends with black/ people of color doesn't mean that you have a clue about them. As for touching. Does a pregnant woman a want people just randomly rubbing her belly? No matter what color your skin is there's a thing call personal space. If you want information about a person why not just ask not reach out and touch. Asking a question can get an answer.
I compliment African-American women on their hair all the time and look them in the eye and give a friendly smile.
The women say "Thank you" every time.