NCAA 2012 Upsets

texan

NCAA West Regional: Norfolk State upsets Missouri, 86-84

Is Norfolk State's upset the best of the best?
By Thomas O'Toole and Steve Wieberg, USA TODAY

Even for an event that specializes in the unexpected, in underdogs rising, heavy favorites falling, Friday was a day
like no other in the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

Never before had two No. 15 seeds (Norfolk State and Lehigh) defeated No. 2 seeds (Missouri, Duke) in the same
tournament, much less within a few hours.

texan

VCU Pulls Off Another Upset Win To Advance In NCAA.

VCU took out a newspaper ad earlier this week proclaiming: "Back to Bust Your Bracket."

The ad wasn't the idea of coach Shaka Smart or even his athletic department. But the Rams
backed it up — at least for their opening round — by defeating No. 5 seed Wichita State 62-59
in the South Regional.
VCU (29-6), a 12th seed, advances to play fourth-seeded Indiana (26-8) in a third-round game
Saturday at the Rose Garden. Louisville (27-9), the fourth seed in the West, will play fifth-seeded
New Mexico (28-6) in the other game.

VCU Pulls Off Another Upset Win To Advance In NCAA : NPR

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of these upsets I would say Lehigh/Duke was the biggest. Duke was looking past Lehigh while Lehigh knew they had nothing to lose and played the game of their lives. This and the Norfolk State win were the highlights of a wild Friday night in college basketball.

I wonder how many brackets ended up in the recycling bin last night.

texan

Of these upsets I would say Lehigh/Duke was the biggest. Duke was looking past Lehigh while Lehigh knew they had nothing to lose and played the game of their lives. This and the Norfolk State win were the highlights of a wild Friday night in college basketball.

I wonder how many brackets ended up in the recycling bin last night.

I would say a lot ended up there.
Very few would have picked this senerio. :eggonface: