NDA commit times

rod

Retired 22 years
And they're real commit times too! Can't cheat anymore. Like when we used to have to tear the NDA label off of the package and write the consinee name in and the delivery time. If they were late, you simply wrote 10:25 on the label. And with EDD, untill recently you could keep an air on ice by scanning it before commit time and stop complete upon delivery. That's a cardinal sin now.

They truly have taken all the fun out of it haven't they.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to call the rural route NDA's and confirm whether or not they needed them by noon. Nine times out of ten they didn't--they just needed it that day sometime. I would then sheet it as needed to make commit time and deliver it at my convenience. No harm done.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I used to call the rural route NDA's and confirm whether or not they needed them by noon. Nine times out of ten they didn't--they just needed it that day sometime. I would then sheet it as needed to make commit time and deliver it at my convenience. No harm done.
It's a different world. Shippers are now getting what they paid for.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a different world. Shippers are now getting what they paid for.

Are they really? From what I read on here there is a lot of trick recording by management when it comes to miss loads and missed packages. And what about all that Emergency Conditions BS that goes now days. At least back when I delivered we did just that--DELIVERED.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Are they really? From what I read on here there is a lot of trick recording by management when it comes to miss loads and missed packages. And what about all that Emergency Conditions BS that goes now days. At least back when I delivered we did just that--DELIVERED.
Good point but did you ever throw a package back in your pickups instead of running back for it? No tracking, no GPS, no clue.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I've delivered to a resort that has two different addresses on the same property. It just so happens that the line that divides 12:00 commit times from no commit times goes right between those two addresses. Crazy.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
On paper, you also had to sheet the NDA stop in sequence with your other stops in that area with the del time that matched the tear off label. This caused a few times when you'd just sheet that one stop on a separate page. That is also impossible now.
My last bid had no NDA commit on anything in that zip. That's one reason I took it. The only bad thing was a few times when new customers would sit waiting for me to get there by noon and I'd roll casually at 4pm.