NDA in trace

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
We never deliver air in trace here. Even when late air is shuttled out to us, we are told to deliver only air, and as many as possible, before commit time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I worked 14 hours on Monday and Tuesday last week, and had to roll a total of about 20 stops to avoid going over 14. Something had to give.

AKCoverMan

So you left the building with plenty of time to deliver all of your airs on time yet made the executive decision to deliver them in trace?
The air commit time in the town I am delivering in for peak is end of day so late air is not an issue.

But on Tuesday and Wednesday last week we were forced into the situation of making "executive decisions" about which part of the route to skip as we knew we could never get to it all inside 14 hours. Nobody directed us to do this but as Sober said, "something had to give".

Most of us could not possibly load all the volume in the car. I suppose we could of all called the center and said "it's too much, now what". But we know every car and every driver are on the road so what can they do? So we did what we had to do. We just try not to screw the same area two days in a row.

opey

first week after thanksgiving we were told to just do NDA on trace, dont worry about lates. last week, we were told to get back to getting them done on time.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I've had 1 (one) late NDA this entire peak. My Orion numbers are in the 40% to 50% range. After peak I'll go back to 95% to 98% Orion trace,which adds about 20% to my miles and about an hour to my day.

Think of Orion like this Overtime Revenue In Our Name.

AllOnTheHorses

here is something I have wondered about.. there are certainly parts of this country that are very isolated. Are there portions of the US that are blocked out for NDA?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
here is something I have wondered about.. there are certainly parts of this country that are very isolated. Are there portions of the US that are blocked out for NDA?

We have 2 loops that have no commit for NDA.
The entire center is classed as super rural; I drive 40 minutes after leaving the building before making a stop.

Miles = Smiles

By The Book

There are areas that have no commit times other than end of day if that's what you mean. Basically if it's a resi you get there when you get there, if it's a commercial you get there before they close.

AllOnTheHorses

Miles = Smiles

I was on a rural route for another center last year (for one day).. it was nice. The usual driver was giving me advice like cut through so and so's field, don't turn here because bridge is washed out, .. fun day. I hate my usual stoplight/traffic saturated route. I envy you rural drivers. Except when looking for house numbers though!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was on a rural route for another center last year (for one day).. it was nice. The usual driver was giving me advice like cut through so and so's field, don't turn here because bridge is washed out, .. fun day. I hate my usual stoplight/traffic saturated route. I envy you rural drivers. Except when looking for house numbers though!

...or in the middle of winter...

By The Book

Remember, after about the 3rd day on a rural route you get pretty comfortable. It's pretty much cake after that. Don't get me wrong they can make your day hard by over dispatching you though.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

"Except when looking for house numbers though!"

Route book, and area knowledge.