Necroposting

upsman68

I've been here 20 years and I have worked every friday after thanksgiving except when I was in TAW. I have been forced to work. I would rather have the time off. A bunch of drivers go golfing. This year I have to have 3 people to sign up for me not to work.

In my bdlg they do not work all the air driver which they should. It burns me up.

I bring it up to mgmt and they just blow me off. They make up some excuse that they have to work Saturday or they are making pups. Some BS

helenofcalifornia

NO drivers sign up in my building. They use all the air drivers and that's the problem. Sorry guys, you just are not used to delivering mass quantities of packages in the least amount of time. One of our regular drivers who signed up last year at the last moment for some "easy" money, was out until 830 at night. In the past when they used us regs, we never stayed out past 2 or 3 and it was easy money. Oh, the times they are a changing.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I've been here 20 years and I have worked every friday after thanksgiving except when I was in TAW. I have been forced to work. I would rather have the time off. A bunch of drivers go golfing. This year I have to have 3 people to sign up for me not to work.

In my bdlg they do not work all the air driver which they should. It burns me up.

I bring it up to mgmt and they just blow me off. They make up some excuse that they have to work Saturday or they are making pups. Some BS

File a grievance, air drivers should be the first ones forced, from low seniority to high, then start with the bottom seniority package car.

ol'browneye

I normally take this week off as I did this year too. (I'm on vacation right now!!!!)
Last year I took off Thanksgiving but I used my option week. For the hell of it I decided to work the Friday after Thanksgiving during my option week. Here's how my pay broke down for the day:

holiday pay: 8 hours @ $28.87
option day pay: 10 hours @$28.87
hours worked
that day at
double time: 7 hours @$57.74

for a grand total of $923.84 made that day!

Not bad for the easiest day I've worked at UPS in years!

That day is easy money but I usually prefer to spend the day with my family and rest up for the peak season hell that is right around the corner!

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I work Sunday thru Thursday, so I don't work either this week. We have sign up lists that are full.

In Package, they have to force people to work. In Feeders only the top seniority guys work cuz they all want to. I think they're insane.

I work Sun. thru Mon. also. If you think about, which I did not until last week hehe, we lose a day off but we will have six days of pay.

I also did not sign up for the work available Fri. thru Sun. But obviously I will be there Sun. anyways :happy2:.

raceanoncr

I work Sun. thru Mon. also. If you think about, which I did not until last week hehe, we lose a day off but we will have six days of pay.

I also did not sign up for the work available Fri. thru Sun. But obviously I will be there Sun. anyways :happy2:.

Mine is Tues-Sat. Is running Th after midnight, so we all know what THAT means!!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Working in airs ,I have worked every black Friday, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve for the past eleven years .Due to contract language we get paid for the holiday and straight time for the hours worked.Have petitioned the IBT last contract negotiation to change the language so we get the same premium as the drivers who are bringing back the packages to us; but to no avail.Oh well the only real complaint is that my brother-in-law is at my house eating all the shrimp before I get done on Christmas Eve at 9PM. LOL :not_fair:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

Check your holiday supplement language. I am on vacay and in the west I take 2 extra unpaid days (prior Thurs-Fri this year) to make up for double holidays on vacation/holiday paid Thurs- Fri. VERY COOL! 11 days off before peak.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I haven't worked Friday after in about 5 years or more. I was going to volunteer this year but my wife has to work so I have to stay home and watch the kids.

Dustyroads

The only packages delivered on Friday will be next day air packages that are shipped on Wednesday and second day air packages that are shipped on Tuesday, preceeding Thanksgiving. If you hope to get your package before Thursday, then you can hope for Wednesday delivery.

As for me, I haven't worked a Friday after Thanksgiving since it became one of our paid holidays.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

You didn't say if you are pkg or air. Air drivers always work. If you are pkg then you shouldn't be working, not with that kind of seniority.

rod

Retired 22 years
Family time always meant more to me than $$$$$. I can honestly say I never worked ANY day I was entitled to take off. :peaceful:

upsman68

You didn't say if you are pkg or air. Air drivers always work. If you are pkg then you shouldn't be working, not with that kind of seniority.

Im a full-time pkg car driver. Some higher seniority drivers signed up so now I don't have to work.

They did leave about 5 air drivers off the list. So there are 5 full-time package car drivers under me working.

ups1990

NO drivers sign up in my building. They use all the air drivers and that's the problem. Sorry guys, you just are not used to delivering mass quantities of packages in the least amount of time. One of our regular drivers who signed up last year at the last moment for some "easy" money, was out until 830 at night. In the past when they used us regs, we never stayed out past 2 or 3 and it was easy money. Oh, the times they are a changing.
This is exactly why I will not work the Friday. A few years back, I signed up to work and was out late. It was horrible. I'am towards the top 1/3 in seniority and so do not have to show up on Friday.

In Dec. there will be plenty of overtime.