Need 3 days off but just started??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dan Favia, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Hey! I just started at UPS as a Unloader am shift it is my 2nd week 9th day and I have my brothers Airforce Graduation next week I wasn't going to go due to school but my class got cancelled and my mom is driving down by herself so I'd like to go to help her out but also see by bro graduate, Just want to see what you guys think will they not let me or no, if they do will they give me a hard time about it? I know it is short notice but I want to support the broski thanks for the help in advance!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. How bad do you want to keep your job?

3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

I recommend staying home and going to work but that opinion is based entirely on your sentence structure.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. Not what I wanted to hear but I was starting to look for something else need something that I get more then 17- 20 hours a week can't live to well off that

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's going to be way too hot in San Antonio (Lackland) to sit through a graduation ceremony.

6. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

too well.

Consider continuing your education, even though your classes are cancelled..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. It's your future...you think about it. Can't give you an answer.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You are on your 9th day and already looking for something else?

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You've worked here 2 weeks and you want time off? Seriously?

And let's review "wants" versus "needs" for a moment. You NEED a job. You WANT 3 days off. Big difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

tumblr_m965zarDfQ1rvcjd7o7_250.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Here's a thought....talk to your sup about the time off and see if they can cover you. It might be easier to find another part time job that works for your schedule. It almost sounds like your thinking of not going to school any more and just working?

12. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

How hot you think it will be there the end of September?

13. I've been looking before this UPS was the quickest since my previous job I had for 3 1/2 years and payed well just happened my location closed unfortunate but needed income coming in

14. Also everyone in this form is straight bogus ( some said helpful stuff) voice your opinion don't hate on someone now that is extremely rude. I'm far from lazy and enjoy hard work just want to be paid for my labor appropriately nothing wrong with that. I actually am still going to school for music production/sound engineering just NEED a job to help my single mom pay bills but yall ignorant and don't know the full story before you open your mouths, And I'm going to school to get the JOB I NEED that I'll actually enjoy doing for a living. PEACE.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  15. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It's called having a work ethic. I don't care if I was working at Taco Ball....I wouldn't ask for time off my second week of starting the job.

16. Take your troll ass to the unemployment line...grow the :censored2: up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You guys are rude.

Whaaaaaaa

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. snarts

snarts Member

You're not doing yourself any favors if you do

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Way to use your real name too.

Freaking genius we got here I tell you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I was hoping you'd stay in school. Ups part time fits your school needs but not the hours you need, I get that. Why not complement this job with another part time job,if you are able to that is.