need a corporate flight for our sick son & us, any ideas with UPS?

trickpony1

The company isn't gonna do anything for you unless there's something in it for them.
Try Angel Flight West, the address, I think, is Angel Flight West
I don't know what is involved with the group but it's worth a try.
Good Luck

I tried the listed address and got nothing.
Go to your favorite search engine and type in angelflight....that should give some info. Sorry.

Last edited:

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
Angel Flight America

Angel Flight® America (AFA) provides access for people in need seeking free air transportation to specialized health care facilities or distant destinations due to family, community or national crisis.

S

speeddemon

The company isn't gonna do anything for you unless there's something in it for them.
Try Angel Flight West, the address, I think, is Angel Flight West
I don't know what is involved with the group but it's worth a try.
Good Luck

I tried the listed address and got nothing.
Go to your favorite search engine and type in angelflight....that should give some info. Sorry.

So true, its a shame they will fly a damn whale but wont help out thier precious employees families.

mountaingoat

Trickpony has the best solution - Angel Flight. I would fly you myself, but I'm part of Angel Flight East. With the distance that you're traveling, you will probably have to make some stopovers with multiple AngelFlight pilots.

beentheredonethat

californiadreaming. My sympathies are with you, Probably the toughest thing a parent has to deal with is a child who isn't doing well. I know we used to allow people to get on the jumpseat in a plane a while ago. But that came to an abrupt stop a good number of years ago. I thought they said it was either an FAA decision or insurance decision. Can't remember.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Been there

Its a liability issue. And liability without compensation is something UPS is not into doing.

Cal Dreamin, keep us updated as to what is going on. Drop a line to let us know.

Will keep you in our prayers.

d

T

Thebrowntruth

Cal,
Have to echo what Danny said...and we will keep you in our prayers. Unfortunately a direct route like that isnt possible on one of our JUMPER seats since there is no direct flight from Reno to Tampa without a long layover at one of the air hubs.

A

aaaaa

You might try this also:

Contact Us

Corporate Angel Network, Inc.
Westchester County Airport
One Loop Road
White Plains, NY 10604-1215

Phone 914-328-1313

Fax 914-328-3938

Toll-Free Patient Line 866-328-1313

It is usually for people seeking treatment for cancer. One of the women that posts to a breast cancer bulletin board asked for the number in the morning and was on a flight to MD Anderson in Houston that night.

code8

Employees can still jumpseat for "business" purposes. Usually a smaller corporate jet is used for personal emergencies. 6 hours in a cargo plane jumpseat isn't all that fun. If I can find a contact name and number, I'll post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Might not be fun, but sometimes getting help isnt fun. Imagine needing to get help for a loved one and cant afford to get them there, uncomfortable may outweigh convienience or comfort. And could save a life. I bleed purple if you know how tell them, let them decide................

hi everyone & thankyou!:) The reason behind corporate is with the new rules,etc. a "regular" flight plus all the waits,delays,cancellations will not work. He will be vomitting before takeoff, as the meds will wear off by then. I thankyou all. The fed ex info would be great, FAST jet wonderful. Looking into "stars" who may be able to lend a hand also, anyone know anyone??? Thanks again & we appreciate all help & prayers!:)

trickpony1

Have you thought about a specially equipped van, a Registered Nurse or other trained medical professional and enough drivers to drive straight through?
Just a suggestion without knowing more of the specifics.
Good Luck.

thankyou trickpony 1 Great Picture of you guys!
My Dad is a retired 747 captain, forced retirement sent him on a downward spiral.... Thanks for the info.... Trying American,United,Delta for 1st class... We'll see

F

Fellow Driver

contact your local media...tell them your story..some corporation just might have the funds and contact you need....Good Luck!