Need a steward with me?

Jj1213

Need that full time
16 year pt transferred to driving in January did not make 30 yet I feel management does not want me numbers are 2.50 over allowed during blizzard conditions now that it has cleared up they have worked me 1 out if last 8 days On car sup and center manager said they will talk to me about my performance I am in union but can they defend me in the 30 day process? Should steward be there in meeting ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
16 year pt transferred to driving in January did not make 30 yet I feel management does not want me numbers are 2.50 over allowed during blizzard conditions now that it has cleared up they have worked me 1 out if last 8 days On car sup and center manager said they will talk to me about my performance I am in union but can they defend me in the 30 day process? Should steward be there in meeting ?

Relax.

Talk to your center manager and your On Car sup.... I'm sure they will try to help you.

If they disqualify you.... And you think it's unfair.... then, talk to your steward. Not now.

Follow up in this thread and let us know how you do.

Got your PM. :wink2:

-Bug-

Jj1213

Need that full time
Ok thanks for advice. But these management people in my building are not helpfull. When on car asked me why was I over. I said had to be safe no where to park snow piles everywhere had to walk off alot of stops. His reply was weather is not an excuse it's all about numbers this ain't gonna cut it I can't sell theses numbers

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When on car asked me why was I over. I said had to be safe no where to park snow piles everywhere had to walk off alot of stops. His reply was weather is not an excuse it's all about numbers this ain't gonna cut it I can't sell theses numbers

Ask him.... what he would do.

At this stage.... it is a learning phase. Hang in there.

-Bug-

Jj1213

Need that full time
Ok just 1 more thing my supplement says 30 working days in a60 consecutive day period what happens if they denied me the opportunity to make my 30 in 60?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Call every morning at 7am and ask them if they need you.
When they say no, call back an hour later and ask them again.
Tell them everything they want to hear.
Do everything you possibly can to qualify, everything.

Most importantly, until you qualify, listen to nothing else I post.

Jj1213

Need that full time

If I don't show up they say no call no show

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
They do this with every new driver, and will stay on your ass for the next 30 years so you better get use to it. Nothing will ever be good enough for UPS management, I figured that out a long time ago. Just say yes sir, and do what your doing. Work for yourself not for them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What supplement says that ??

If the company disqualifies you on "this attempt"....

You would return to your previous position.

Most supplements.... you have to wait a year, before you can try again.

-Bug-

BUG, have you ever seen/heard about a local successfully challenging a DQ letter for feeders/package? 99% of the time there's not much room to challenge (say, for example, if someone backs into a utility pole or can't figure out how to use the DIAD) but for something like this (proven adverse weather conditions keeping him from making scratch) do you think there'd be an outside shot at getting it overturned?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
BUG, have you ever seen/heard about a local successfully challenging a DQ letter for feeders/package? 99% of the time there's not much room to challenge (say, for example, if someone backs into a utility pole or can't figure out how to use the DIAD) but for something like this (proven adverse weather conditions keeping him from making scratch) do you think there'd be an outside shot at getting it overturned?

Absolutely.

Not in every case.... You have to look at the situation.

-Bug-

Jj1213

Need that full time
Absolutely.

Not in every case.... You have to look at the situation.

-Bug-
They disqualified me On day 23 I asked for 5 days to show I can scratch they said no. The last day I worked on Friday I did 22 stops an hour sporh But center manager said was still over 1 hr. But I stopped delivering at 4:30 and had a 2 pickups left at 4:45 and 5 so I had to complie so how can that be over????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Some these new guys must think we have multiple personality disorder.

Us days 1-30. You run your ass off. Sort your truck while on break. Do whatever u can to make those numbers. Tell them everything they want to hear.

Us day 31. Wtf are you doing burning my route up. SLOW YOUR ASS DOWN!!!!!! Haha

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They disqualified me On day 23 I asked for 5 days to show I can scratch they said no. The last day I worked on Friday I did 22 stops an hour sporh But center manager said was still over 1 hr. But I stopped delivering at 4:30 and had a 2 pickups left at 4:45 and 5 so I had to complie so how can that be over????
Not an 8 hour planned day?

This happend to me while I was training. I was back and off the clock before my pick ups were supposed to start. I called on road and he told me if my pick ups were ready I could pick them up.

Next day I was about half an hour over. I smoked that route. The whole day was smooth as could be. I went off. I told them it was impossible. There's no way my day could of went better. center manager told me it wasn't my fault. My planned day was only 7.5 and everything is based on at least an 8 hour day. So I was .5 over.

Stonefish

And most certainly don't listen to him after you qualify :)