Need advice from those who have a lot of seniority at UPS

crazypk40

Okay. I worked at UPS during 2010 peak season but after a month I voluntarily quit because of health related issues. Now, I applied back to UPS and I just got a call form an HR rep. saying that I have a negative rehire status. I never had any issues with anyone, i got on time everyday to my work place, never got in trouble, etc. Did my supervisor gave me a negative rehire status? what did I do to deserve this?

Any input is highly appreciated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Okay. I worked at UPS during 2010 peak season but after a month I voluntarily quit because of health related issues. Now, I applied back to UPS and I just got a call form an HR rep. saying that I have a negative rehire status. I never had any issues with anyone, i got on time everyday to my work place, never got in trouble, etc. Did my supervisor gave me a negative rehire status? what did I do to deserve this?

Go back and re-read your first sentence.

UPSGUY72

Don't take it personally 99% of the people that "Quit" are put on the no rehire list. That is just the way it is. However, that being said you could always stop by the building and talk to your old SUP or building manager in person. Other than that your SOL.

As Upstate said read your first sentence the key word are "Quit" and "health problems"

Good luck

It is what it is take it like a man.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I worked at UPS during 2010 peak season but after a month I voluntarily quit

And that is why you were tagged as a no-rehire. You quit at the busiest time of the year when you were needed the most. Whether you can change your status because you had health issues, I don't know.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Hate to give you the old; "there I was" story but I was 1 of 6 peak drivers and the only one to made it through...all the others quit. Got rehired in April the following year, spent 7 and a half years part-time with a full-time job on the side before going full-time.

You only get 1 chance.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OP, were you hired permananetly and quit? Or after Christmas, when the company was letting you go, did you leave before they offered something perm, or leave early?

Most seasonal employees, whether they go back or not after Christmas are not put onto the neg rehire list unless they did not fufill their obligation to completely peak season or were extremely unproductive.