Need advice-got fired!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Originally Posted by anonymous
I'm in the N.R.A. and i love Chuck Heston i've met him and ive got my picture with him we both have BALLS"

Since he's dead, he probably just has 'raisins'.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our resi savers have no commit time but have to be "toggled" to "resi" in the edd list to not give an alert after 430 PM. Not positive but if the OP had toggled this stop it may not have mattered if he hit 1 or 8? Any one tried it that way?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our resi savers have no commit time but have to be "toggled" to "resi" in the edd list to not give an alert after 430 PM. Not positive but if the OP had toggled this stop it may not have mattered if he hit 1 or 8? Any one tried it that way?

All "toggling" does is cancel the alert not the service level. I actually learned that here on BC and have passed it on to a few co-workers. If you hit any other key besides the "1" after the commit time it will trigger a late air. Data entry errors happen. Data falsification is something else altogether.

...and that is part of the problem. There used to be a UPS where the employees took pride in their jobs, their appearance and the appearance of the pkg cars. I miss that UPS.

I still think that there is more to this than the OP is telling us.

4 months ago I edit stop from com to resi so it wldn't show late-admitted to it. They suspended me 2 days when I returned to work they fired me first time ever fired, after 4 weeks we had meeting they gave me a last chance deal, but within the 4 wks I was involved in motorcycle acc, not my fault, so been out for 3 months, and my 2nd wk back this happens. Our center using drivers as helpers so it benefits them to fire top out drivers

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
4 months ago I edit stop from com to resi so it wldn't show late-admitted to it. They suspended me 2 days when I returned to work they fired me first time ever fired, after 4 weeks we had meeting they gave me a last chance deal, but within the 4 wks I was involved in motorcycle acc, not my fault, so been out for 3 months, and my 2nd wk back this happens. Our center using drivers as helpers so it benefits them to fire top out drivers

First of all you should've know better after the first time they fired you, there is no way I would have voided and resheeted another Pkg for the rest of my career at UPS and since you have been gone for 4 months the driver that covered your rte probably had better numbers than you and by resheeting another pkg you made it easy for them to make a example out of you. After all that, I still think you will get your job, very easy for UPS to fire you, by the same token its very hard for UPS to make it permanent and when do get your job back make sure you do everything by the book.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
And is not unprofessional to go and ask the customer if you can have the Pkg back.
Maybe if UPS wasnt so paranoid about people cheating they would still let us edit stops. Kinda silly recording all those packages everyday and the slip of your finger on the wrong buton can get you fired.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Maybe if UPS wasnt so paranoid about people cheating they would still let us edit stops. Kinda silly recording all those packages everyday and the slip of your finger on the wrong buton can get you fired.
99 times out of a hundred it's not the mistake that gets you fired. It's what you do next.