need advice on handling other pter

Cementups

Box Monkey
earplug.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Grab a shop steward, tell him the situation, then bring him with to hr to tell them the situation with the key phrase, "hostile work environment" and you fear for your life because he said he would kick you in your face and when you said you were off the clock he said he would remember that and to watch out.

This guy needs to get canned. Can you imagine what he might actually do one day if someone ticks him off? Or even what customers he'd scare away if he ever became a driver?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ticking time bomb.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Tell management, refuse to work with the guy, ask a union steward, ask your union rep, there are several options. There is a 1800 number for UPS if something isn't done. You can talk to corporate and from my experience if they get a phone call they will check up on a situation. I have never worked with anyone that obnoxious however I have worked with jerks and I just refused to work with them. However I have known people like you are describing and they are just come off as evil human beings and a person like that you can't get through so it's usually best to try to find away to get rid of the guy.
He said....he said.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Grab a shop steward, tell him the situation, then bring him with to hr to tell them the situation with the key phrase, "hostile work environment" and you fear for your life because he said he would kick you in your face and when you said you were off the clock he said he would remember that and to watch out.

This guy needs to get canned. Can you imagine what he might actually do one day if someone ticks him off? Or even what customers he'd scare away if he ever became a driver?

Sent using BrownCafe App
How would you like to be canned solely on the basis of the word of one coworker? It's A good thing people always tell the truth! :batman2:

HR is a joke they will not do anything but target you I was a part time manager of 18 years. Once they have been aware of the issue and do nothing it falls back on them . You will get the heat

browntroll

I'd double dare him to
i actually pointed at my face and moved closer, we were right under a camera at the time he told me that.
im not trying to get him fired or anything but sametime im getting tired of management making me work with
him because im the only one that hasn't had a big problem with him yet. 1 guy threw a box at this guy after this guy
did it to him, another guy had him pressed against a wall ready to kick his ass but management stopped it. obviously
hr is pretty much useless unless its a girl then they take it more seriously.
same hub, hispanic guy calls a black guy a monkey gets told to apologize and thats the end of it.
pter gets caught staring at one of the office chicks that comes in(she was bending over), makes a comment to
another pter which she over hears and he gets fired.

UPS WORKHORSE

i actually pointed at my face and moved closer, we were right under a camera at the time he told me that.
im not trying to get him fired or anything but sametime im getting tired of management making me work with
him because im the only one that hasn't had a big problem with him yet. 1 guy threw a box at this guy after this guy
did it to him, another guy had him pressed against a wall ready to kick his ass but management stopped it. obviously
same hub, hispanic guy calls a black guy a monkey gets told to apologize and thats the end of it.
pter gets caught staring at one of the office chicks that comes in(she was bending over), makes a comment to

Then it's time to bust out those ear buds and rock out. Treat that guy like the plague and don't even make eye contact. He obviously gets off on seeing your guys' reaction to his immature comments.

You're right, it's probably best not to rat him out. If he is a psycho you don't want him waiting in the parking lot for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

Then it's time to bust out those ear buds and rock out. Treat that guy like the plague and don't even make eye contact. He obviously gets off on seeing your guys' reaction to his immature comments.

You're right, it's probably best not to rat him out. If he is a psycho you don't want him waiting in the parking lot for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App
im not worried about what he might do to me i can handle myself if i have to, im more concerned about him provoking me to do something to him. the last few times
i avoided eye contact and it worked for the whole shift he left me alone. he has told me he is firearm trained from his army days
and has a concealed carry permit. i know our full time sup hates him but hes there everyday on time and has helped lp catch ppl stealing.

im not worried about what he might do to me i can handle myself if i have to, im more concerned about him provoking me to do something to him. the last few times
i avoided eye contact and it worked for the whole shift he left me alone. he has told me he is firearm trained from his army days
and has a concealed carry permit. i know our full time sup hates him but hes there everyday on time and has helped lp catch ppl stealing.

1) Let him provoke you and you'll get walked.

2) Just mentioning firearms like he allegedly is can be taken as a threat.

HR is the place to go or buddy up to him.

P

pickup

i need some help not sure what to do. there's a pter in my hub that just doesnt
seem to get along with anyone which if he does his job and i do mine it shouldnt matter. only
problem is this guy has become a problem where he does stuff or says stuff that angers most
ppl but not me so now im the only one management makes work with him but after today i dont want to deal with him anymore. i believe he gets off on attention.
i normally dont respond to his comments so he gets mad so he decided to tell me "if i kicked you in the face i bet you would get mad'
i told him "i doubt it, it probably wouldnt hurt'
then he begins to tell me how im not a real man which i ignore him. so end of the day comes
and he has to take a few packages to the cars and he tells me to take a few but im already off the clock so i tell him, he starts telling me "im gonna remember that, better watch out".
as im heading out i say bye to a few ppl i see along the way and same guy walking behind me starts yelling at me "dont talk to them they're still on the clock!". i know a few guys that decided to respond back and he decided to call hr and corporate on them to try to get them
fired, they're still there but just got in trouble and were told to avoid him.

Sound like this guy, the intimidator, is perfect management material.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Man, you put paragraph breaks in odd places.

Sent using a Potato