Need advice on wht to do

AshleyBrandfas

Hey everyone I'm new to ups, only was with the company 3 months before I started driving, so here is the situation. When I was 15 yrs old I got in trouble an had to pay restitution on the charges, well I have failed to make my monthly payments. So I ended up going to jail for failure to pay fines. Ups fired me for missing 4 days of work due to being in jail. Their reasoning was I didn't make proper actions of absents. An due to being shy of 1 day of 30 day probation union said they couldn't do anything. So my ? Is would I be able to fight it. Main supervisor told me I couldn't reapply at UPS

upschuck

That is some bad timing, not much you can do. They don't like you missing 1 day in your 30 day probation, let alone 4.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey everyone I'm new to ups, only was with the company 3 months before I started driving, so here is the situation. When I was 15 yrs old I got in trouble an had to pay restitution on the charges, well I have failed to make my monthly payments. So I ended up going to jail for failure to pay fines. Ups fired me for missing 4 days of work due to being in jail. Their reasoning was I didn't make proper actions of absents. An due to being shy of 1 day of 30 day probation union said they couldn't do anything. So my ? Is would I be able to fight it. Main supervisor told me I couldn't reapply at UPS

You have to be at least 21 to drive. And you are saying the cop just caught up to you at the minimum 6 years later?
:bsbullf:

AshleyBrandfas

You have to be at least 21 to drive. And you are saying the cop just caught up to you at the minimum 6 years later?
:bsbullf:
No I was saying my charges was when I was 15. An grant county set out a bench warrant cuz I wasn't paying on my restitution an cops arrested me outside on street in front of UPS

Cementups

Box Monkey
I wouldn't be asking here. I would be asking my union steward and my center manager to possibly forgive given the circumstances. Maybe they can come to an agreement and work something out. Never hurts to ask. If you have decent people in there they could possibly help you out.

If not, good luck in your future endeavors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Happened when she was 15. Claimed she is a driver. In order to drive must be at least 21. 6 years later. Her whole story makes no sense

Her story makes perfect sense.

She messed up when she was 15 but because she was a minor she was offered restitution rather than face jail time. She was behind on her payments and was arrested on the street outside of the UPS facility where she has been driving for the past 3 months. She missed 4 days of work due to the arrest and has since lost her job with a negative re-hire status.