Need Advice

JULAKA

My route is going to change more than 30 percent this Monday and I was wondering if anyone knows my options here. Can I displace unasigned guys right off the bat or do I have to wait to re-bid. If I have to wait to re-bid, how long will that process take, because what they have in store on this new route is going to be hell! Thank you for your help!:peaceful:

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
My route is going to change more than 30 percent this Monday and I was wondering if anyone knows my options here. Can I displace unasigned guys right off the bat or do I have to wait to re-bid. If I have to wait to re-bid, how long will that process take, because what they have in store on this new route is going to be hell! Thank you for your help!:peaceful:
If its at least 50% then you can choose your route or anything that is open.(depending on your seniority).You could also leave your route if your not happy and be a cover driver until a new route goes up for bid,but you would have to win the bid.Why is it changing 30%?

JULAKA

It's Edd or Pas or whatever you call it. They are screwing me big time! They are taking all of my 60 resi stops and giving me 30 bulk, business stops that will be impossible to fit in the truck, much less deliver before I start my pickups. There are so many less bulky routes being run by less senior guys right now. I would love to know if I can get into one of those, cuz after 16 years I ain't getting no younger!:angry:

looper804

I know the anxiety you are feeling regarding PAS.I felt the same 2 years ago when we got it.I had 19 years seniotity and my route was broken into 3 different routes.I went from an A car to an friend car.It was a horrible 2 months till the kinks got worked out.Now irs really not so bad.Tough it out.If you have been on your route a long time you know all your customers well.Why after 16 years would you want to start all new relationships.I know I didnt want to. This is just my opinion of course.Im sure some have had it worse but try it out for a while and if it doesnt work out then im sure quite a few new and old routes will be opening up because of the PAS.

In our area you can't leave your bid area to displace a lower senior person on another bid route until the time period for bids is over. I don't know if they will even allow a driver to leave their bid run until A. another area come up for bid or B. A total re-bid is done.

looper804

In our area you can't leave your bid area to displace a lower senior person on another bid route until the time period for bids is over. I don't know if they will even allow a driver to leave their bid run until A. another area come up for bid or B. A total re-bid is done.
Dont see why you couldnt leave a bid route.One day you could wake up and decide you want to be the top seniority cover driver.Nothing says you cant.

Hey I said I don't know, I just posted what I think is the situation here. But tell me something. After the bids have closed and routes awarded in seniority order, how could it be fair for say a number 5 driver decide he made a mistake in choosing his route and turn around a bump driver number 6? Same with cover driving, I bid cover because I knew I would be #2 on the list. If a higher senior driver just ups and decides he screwed up on bidding his route how should it be fair for him to bump me from my bid spot. I do know that drivers that choose not to follow their work in a "change of Operations" can't dovetail into the cover list, they go to the bottom until the next scheduled bid or when an area opens up.
I do know that in the southern conference a driver that has won the bid on a route can not bid on another route for six months.

looper804

Hey I said I don't know, I just posted what I think is the situation here. But tell me something. After the bids have closed and routes awarded in seniority order, how could it be fair for say a number 5 driver decide he made a mistake in choosing his route and turn around a bump driver number 6?
I do know that in the southern conference a driver that has won the bid on a route can not bid on another route for six months.
no,#5 cant bump #6 off a route.What i am saying is that if #5 decides he doesnt want his route any more then he can get off it,become a cover driver doing what ever is open each day and his route he left will then go up for bid.By reading this site for a few years it seems that in each part of the country every issue is dealt with differently.

filthpig

It's Edd or Pas or whatever you call it. They are screwing me big time! They are taking all of my 60 resi stops and giving me 30 bulk, business stops that will be impossible to fit in the truck, much less deliver before I start my pickups. There are so many less bulky routes being run by less senior guys right now. I would love to know if I can get into one of those, cuz after 16 years I ain't getting no younger!:angry:

You must not be "in the club". In our center, if you're not one of a group of about 13 or so guys, you're screwed. At least in my old center they treated everyone like :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.