Need guidance !!

Brownpride

Hello everyone, I been working for UPS for the past 5 years . I been working the sort isle since day 1. The question that I have is can I bump some with less seniority than me ? Is there any article on the contract than I talks about a prefer job ?

For example can I bump a person who drives irreg carts or scan packages if that person has less seniority than me ? Talked to my supervisor once about getting out the sort isle an doing an easier job , He just told me that I'm his best sorter and that he needed me on the sort isle because the other workers that he had scanning or driving irreg carts sucked at sorting.

Now I feel that it is not fair that just because I'm a good worker I get stuck at the sort isle while the lazy people that have months working at my hub get to do an easier job. Sometimes I feel like doing a horrible job just so I can get out of the sort isle. :biting: LIFE IS NOT FAIR !!!

JonFrum

You can't bump someone out of their job, but you can bid a new job or a vacancy in an existing job.

You may loose your "extra dollar" with some jobs.

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 4.
". . .The Employer will fill all vacancies and permanent new jobs for part-time employees from the part-time selection list in all months except November and December.

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.

Part-time employees with less than six (6) months seniority shall have the right to bid a preferred job prior to the Employer hiring from off-the-street.

A maximum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the employees on a shift shall be allowed to change shifts in any one (1) calendar year. The employee obtaining the new position shall remain on that shift for at least six (6) months."

menotyou

bella amicizia
The senior people on preload who didn't quit or go casual, took advantage of this clause to move off preload onto metro(local sort). It was worth losing the dollar to get away from the sups in the a.m. Isn't that sad? There are 2 people left on preload that I actually worked with. One is on Art. 7. One is a warning letter away.