Need Help from someone

LaUpser

I need to know how to properly write and file a greviance. I am on the hot seat rite now for missloads,rite now i have been 4 days free of them but i need to file one becuz they said i was gettin an intent to terminate and was told to file one. the reason of missloads is because its all new to me i been on the old way for so long as way of learning by charts its confusing to me and the only way to i guess save me job is to do this, so i am asking anyone to help me on this one by letting me know what article number and so on i should file this one thanks. :peaceful:

dillweed

First off, who told you of the intent to terminate and who told you to grieve it? Have you been called into the office and givien written warnings? If you're called in to the office you may and should ask for a union rep to be present.

There is a union rep in your building to help you write the grievance, if one is necessary.

Management has a habit of threatening warning letters, movement to an undesirable area of the building or termination. Much of this is hot air - they are just trying to get their "numbers" for the day. There is a specific process for termination so talk to your rep and find out just what is going on. Come back, let us know what's going on and good luck!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I need to know how to properly write and file a greviance. I am on the hot seat rite now for missloads,rite now i have been 4 days free of them but i need to file one becuz they said i was gettin an intent to terminate and was told to file one. the reason of missloads is because its all new to me i been on the old way for so long as way of learning by charts its confusing to me and the only way to i guess save me job is to do this, so i am asking anyone to help me on this one by letting me know what article number and so on i should file this one thanks. :peaceful:

Don't file unless : you have been in the office with a union rep and management present and had the 'sit down'...it's pointless to file against something that could happen but hasn't, save your bullets, believe me.

New Englander

Whats confusing?

Looking at a pal label for a truck number instead of the address label for a Town name or street name?

Then verifying that your in the correct truck just like before?

drewed

Shankman
Whats confusing?

Looking at a pal label for a truck number instead of the address label for a Town name or street name?

Then verifying that your in the correct truck just like before?

thats what my thoughts were, yea misloads happen but the system cant be that different it would cause a large increase i misloads

johnhammer

Don't file unless : you have been in the office with a union rep and management present and had the 'sit down'...it's pointless to file against something that could happen but hasn't, save your bullets, believe me.

I agree, you need to talk with a shop steward and get your plan together. I can remember lots of threats not many that paned out to a warning letter or worse. I figured out that most of the time the supperviser was getting beatup by his manager. It rolls down hill!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I agree, you need to talk with a shop steward and get your plan together. I can remember lots of threats not many that paned out to a warning letter or worse. I figured out that most of the time the supperviser was getting beatup by his manager. It rolls down hill!

Yes, precisely. The manager says what the hell is this guy/gal doing, misloading x amount of packages... the sup gets reamed, so to get your attention, the sup throws around "firing" and "warnings" or even the exit letter verbally to make you think you'll lose your job or your position is in question.

Don't sweat it unless you are IN AN OFFICE with a District Manager, center manager or whomever and a lead steward, and they're going to try to axe you. Then it's the "I'll do my best in the future, I'll work safely and as directed!" schpeel

johnhammer

Yes, precisely. The manager says what the hell is this guy/gal doing, misloading x amount of packages... the sup gets reamed, so to get your attention, the sup throws around "firing" and "warnings" or even the exit letter verbally to make you think you'll lose your job or your position is in question.

Don't sweat it unless you are IN AN OFFICE with a District Manager, center manager or whomever and a lead steward, and they're going to try to axe you. Then it's the "I'll do my best in the future, I'll work safely and as directed!" schpeel

I agree, remember management gets its info in 1 of 2 ways, (One) if the driver wrights it up... I suggest that you talk to the driver ask him where you went wrong and how to fix it. once you get a dialog going ask him to talk directly to you (it cuts management out of the loop).
When I was a driver I thought I got better result that way. And everyone will see your sincerity
(Two) if the supervisor salts you... by testing you and putting you under the microscope. if he is better than most, talking to him is a benefit as well.

helenofcalifornia

Befriending your driver is your best bet on reducing the misload problem. And do you mark each of your packages so that you know that you loaded them into that specific truck? A stray, left over package has been known to be randomly thrown into the nearest truck after sort time is down.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I only use enough force as needed to stop the action, I would talk to my shop steward IF I had verifiable reason to believe they were going to write me up. If not work as directed.

PAUPSER

Well I don’t know what center your from but are center it is impossible to get fired unless its sexual harassment/weapons are drugs lol. Nevertheless if you can seek help from a part-supervisor or even better yet as another member stated seek and befriend your drivers! If they are good people they will help you out and give you hints and advice that can help your perform better then some supervisors,

New Englander

The only advice I give my loaders in regards to missloads is: Pay attention.

I'm willing to bet most times it is just because these guys are not focused on what they are doing.

drewed

Shankman
We misloaded a bag of volume bag of smalls going Asia one day, at the pcm the next day i said there are 44 letters in here, thats about 4700 dollars of lost revenue, there would be no quams in getting rid of my ft, me or any of you, if this continues to happen.
The misloads stopped :)

LKLND3380

Did anyone help you load?
Were you told to get off the clock and let your driver wrap up?
Were you given any Add/Cuts/Splits?
Were you there until the package car pulled away from the dock?
Was it a bad slap (Pal label)
Damaged/Crushed packages are considered by some as Misloads

In our building we can have 60% of the package cars out the door and missed packages going down the belts... A supe will sometimes toss it into a truck IF they THINK that driver is near that route.

Did you have a meeting with your Supervisor and a Union Steward present? IF the steward was not there - the meeting NEVER TOOK PLACE and you DO NOT RECALL ANY DISCUSSION about misloads...

Were you given a letter? If so you have ten days to grieve...

Since you are used to charts and I guess you are now using PAS/PAL the my question is how much training have you had? You may need additional training... ABOUT FOUR DAYS TRAINING WITH A SUPERVISOR SHOWING YOU PROPER METHODS... DAY ONE the supervisor handles all packages and YOU OBSERVE... DAY TWO you handle packages and the supervisor observes... DAY THREE the supervisor handles packages until break then you take over... DAY FOUR You handle all packages....

NO TERMINATION or SUSPENSION, should be dropped to a warning letter... DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, let your Union Steward sign