Need help with Ivis problem.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Seeing if any other drivers know of a resolution for my problem. So for three months now, every time I put in my ID in the Ivis in my truck it will freeze every five minutes and I have to restart it. After it restarts I can use it for 5 minutes and put in any info, however after 5 it will freeze again. Also, I can send out information, however I don't receive anything, loads, messages etc, so I have to input everything in manually but it does send out to dispatch, however it shows it fails every time. This isn't a hardware issue, this happens in any truck I get in, someone can come behind me put in the ID and it works fine. So it has something to do with my ID or some kind of bug when I enter in to it. Also I would like to point out that YES I have said something about it to people at work. I have spoken to managers, supervisors, other drivers, even the woman in payroll. I even made it a point to call one of my supervisors every day for two weeks straight and leave a voice mail. Nobody knows who to talk to about it. I just gave up and started using time cards. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do? Also it's not blue tooth messing it up and I also have reset the ivis before I punch in, which is what management suggested and that of course didn't work. I honestly don't know who else I can tell or ask to fix it. They have sent out emails and still nothing.

onestone

The shop should be able to run a diagnostic program on the IVIS. Does anyone using the unit before or after you have the same problem? If the shop has a spare, maybe they will replace it for you if you write it enough

barnyard

KTM rider
Have your paychecks been accurate??

I would ask your supe, who should be able to pull up a timecard. Kind of sounds like a dupe ID, but that should have been caught when your ID was 1st issued.

P

pickup

Seeing if any other drivers know of a resolution for my problem. So for three months now, every time I put in my ID in the Ivis in my truck it will freeze every five minutes and I have to restart it. After it restarts I can use it for 5 minutes and put in any info, however after 5 it will freeze again. Also, I can send out information, however I don't receive anything, loads, messages etc, so I have to input everything in manually but it does send out to dispatch, however it shows it fails every time. This isn't a hardware issue, this happens in any truck I get in, someone can come behind me put in the ID and it works fine. So it has something to do with my ID or some kind of bug when I enter in to it. Also I would like to point out that YES I have said something about it to people at work. I have spoken to managers, supervisors, other drivers, even the woman in payroll. I even made it a point to call one of my supervisors every day for two weeks straight and leave a voice mail. Nobody knows who to talk to about it. I just gave up and started using time cards. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do? Also it's not blue tooth messing it up and I also have reset the ivis before I punch in, which is what management suggested and that of course didn't work. I honestly don't know who else I can tell or ask to fix it. They have sent out emails and still nothing.

Okay, let's see: every truck, every ivis. No one has the problem after you.

And you say it is not blue tooth. Okay. Do me a favor and leave all your gizmos (phone , what have you) away(30 feet ) from the ivis when you try to log in. Just to see if the same problem arises. It could be you have an iPod that has the blue tooth streaming unknowingly(I had this happening although I don't think it affected the ivis.)

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
When i have trouble they always say to drive to where the antenna is on the outside of the building so I get a strong signal.

over9five

Staff member
I had the same problem until I started wearing this:

Foilhat_tin-foil_hats.jpg

greengrenades

Go to TSG.
I'll give that a shot.
The shop should be able to run a diagnostic program on the IVIS. Does anyone using the unit before or after you have the same problem? If the shop has a spare, maybe they will replace it for you if you write it enough
I'll give the diagnostics a try, however it's a software thing and not the ivis itself. It has something to do with me in the system. I'll give it a shot anyways and see if they can figure something out.
I had trouble with mine after a software upgrade. The issue continued until the next upgrade, then it was fine.
I had trouble with mine after a software upgrade. The issue continued until the next upgrade, then it was fine.
How long are there upgrades with the system?
Have your paychecks been accurate??

I would ask your supe, who should be able to pull up a timecard. Kind of sounds like a dupe ID, but that should have been caught when your ID was 1st issued.
Yea, they have. They receive all the info from me, I just don't receive anything back. Then after 5 it freezes. My checks have been correct though.
Okay, let's see: every truck, every ivis. No one has the problem after you.

And you say it is not blue tooth. Okay. Do me a favor and leave all your gizmos (phone , what have you) away(30 feet ) from the ivis when you try to log in. Just to see if the same problem arises. It could be you have an iPod that has the blue tooth streaming unknowingly(I had this happening although I don't think it affected the ivis.)
It's worth a shot, I'll give it a try. Thanks.
When i have trouble they always say to drive to where the antenna is on the outside of the building so I get a strong signal.
I'll try this as well.

P

pickup

I'll give that a shot.

I'll give the diagnostics a try, however it's a software thing and not the ivis itself. It has something to do with me in the system. I'll give it a shot anyways and see if they can figure something out.

How long are there upgrades with the system?

Yea, they have. They receive all the info from me, I just don't receive anything back. Then after 5 it freezes. My checks have been correct though.

It's worth a shot, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I'll try this as well.

Yeah, in regards to my advice, one of your devices might be emitting a signal without your knowledge: like a tethered telephone putting out a wifi signal, an iPod emitting a blue tooth signal , etc. Now of course, you have to work and possibly can't wait around for 5 minutes or so to see if the system crashes so maybe instead, turn everything off for a bit and wait to see if IVIS crashes.

greengrenades

Yeah, in regards to my advice, one of your devices might be emitting a signal without your knowledge: like a tethered telephone putting out a wifi signal, an iPod emitting a blue tooth signal , etc. Now of course, you have to work and possibly can't wait around for 5 minutes or so to see if the system crashes so maybe instead, turn everything off for a bit and wait to see if IVIS crashes.
The thing with that though is, I actually did try this. I had everything off. After the day was over and I was fueling my buddy came in behind me to get my truck so I told him to try his ID and I had everything on, and it worked for him. It's really odd, I mean it is functional however it is a huge pain. I usually call in whenever I arrive some where then I hit inbound. I do know dispatch receives it though because when it first started happening I was calling out after I hit inbound and they didn't understand why I was calling out when it showed I was on road. I just don't receive schedule updates, or messages. Anything they send to me I don't receive, and it does keep up with everything I do so at least there is that. I wouldn't mind using a time card but I hate doing the log book.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Have you tried logging in at a different center? I had an Illinois truck and when the ivis lost its memory i could not get a signal until I got to cach.