Need help with noisy neighbors...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_0499.GIF
Try the flaming bag of poo trick? Even if they aren't quiet you will feel better.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I live in an apartment and the people that live above me are seriously 24/7 awake and making noise. Sometimes it sounds like they are dropping bowling balls on the floor. I have talked to them about it a few times in the past which did next to nothing, so I've just kind of dealt with it until last night.

I was woken up at 4am to loud noises coming from above me. So I did the classic pound on the ceiling with a broom handle and that didn't do anything. So at about 4:45am I called the cops and made a noise complaint. They showed up in about 10 minutes and knocked on their door and the people wouldn't answer the door. So they came down to talk to me and told me there wasn't anything else they can do at that point and I needed to talk to my landlord. So I was kept awake from 4am until now currently! I called my landlord as soon as it was 8am and told him what happened and he said he would "talk to them" but he also told me the cops could have issued them a $300 fine?

Either way, they are STILL making constant noise, and I am not talking about little noises like foot steps, I'm talking about deliberate noises. So once 10pm hits tonight I am going to just call the cops again if they are still being loud which I'm sure they will be, but I'm just afraid I'll get the same "There's nothing we can do response" and I'll be kept awake again.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to handle this situation to get them to stop making my life miserable? I know some people will say to move, but being an on call driver I cannot afford to move at this time. I have only been working 3 days a week if I'm lucky, so money is super tight.

Pour syrup all over the floor in front of their door, super glue their door shut, if you can Jimmy open one of their windows go to a pet store and buy a box of crickets and release them in their apartment. They are noisy and stink

Rack em

Made the Podium
Pour syrup all over the floor in front of their door, super glue their door shut, if you can Jimmy open one of their windows go to a pet store and buy a box of crickets and release them in their apartment. They are noisy and stink
Well they live above me so I can't really do the cricket idea. Unless maybe I tape the crickets to a brick and throw it through their window and upon impact with the glass it cuts the tape so the crickets get free.

rocket man

I live in an apartment and the people that live above me are seriously 24/7 awake and making noise. Sometimes it sounds like they are dropping bowling balls on the floor. I have talked to them about it a few times in the past which did next to nothing, so I've just kind of dealt with it until last night.

I was woken up at 4am to loud noises coming from above me. So I did the classic pound on the ceiling with a broom handle and that didn't do anything. So at about 4:45am I called the cops and made a noise complaint. They showed up in about 10 minutes and knocked on their door and the people wouldn't answer the door. So they came down to talk to me and told me there wasn't anything else they can do at that point and I needed to talk to my landlord. So I was kept awake from 4am until now currently! I called my landlord as soon as it was 8am and told him what happened and he said he would "talk to them" but he also told me the cops could have issued them a $300 fine?

Either way, they are STILL making constant noise, and I am not talking about little noises like foot steps, I'm talking about deliberate noises. So once 10pm hits tonight I am going to just call the cops again if they are still being loud which I'm sure they will be, but I'm just afraid I'll get the same "There's nothing we can do response" and I'll be kept awake again.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to handle this situation to get them to stop making my life miserable? I know some people will say to move, but being an on call driver I cannot afford to move at this time. I have only been working 3 days a week if I'm lucky, so money is super tight.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Well they live above me so I can't really do the cricket idea. Unless maybe I tape the crickets to a brick and throw it through their window and upon impact with the glass it cuts the tape so the crickets get free.

Borrow a ladder from a friend. Another idea is go to a local dog park and collect as much poop as possible ( or save your own) and "open" their car and fill it with crap

8 Hour Day

You can find little aerosol air horns pretty cheap online. I've even found them at the dollar store.

Try to figure out when they're sleeping.

Rubber bands holding some random object to depress the button will keep the air horn sounding after you throw it onto their patio. Attach a note.

----------

Find a random battery powered car... again, the dollar store is your friend. Hot glue a stick to one of the wheels. Hot glue a string to the roof. Duct tape the other end of the string to their door & turn it on. Leave a note.

Be creative... Sign the notes, "with love..."