Need insurance help ASAP PLEASE!!!!!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
As some of you know I am from New Olreans, the family and I evacuated to a safer area. As luck would have it our seven month old is really sick (not emergency room sick,but bring him to a doctor tomorror sick). Last week we recieved a packet from central states insurance stating that we are covered as of July 31. We did not bring the packet with us when we evacuated. I know for sure that we are not covered by AETNA anymore and i really need to contact central states insurance can some one post the phone number for us.. Thanks in advance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As some of you know I am from New Olreans, the family and I evacuated to a safer area. As luck would have it our seven month old is really sick (not emergency room sick,but bring him to a doctor tomorror sick). Last week we recieved a packet from central states insurance stating that we are covered as of July 31. We did not bring the packet with us when we evacuated. I know for sure that we are not covered by AETNA anymore and i really need to contact central states insurance can some one post the phone number for us.. Thanks in advance.

Somebody help Cobra out?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am in CS and on Blue Cross/Blue Shield. According to back of my card, the doctor's office needs to call 1-800-635-1928 to pre-certify admissions. The number for the member to call for eligibility or benefit information is 1-800-323-2190. There is a specific member ID number on the card that is not your social security number, and a $20 copay. I am full-time, so I don't know if you are on the same plan.

I live on the west side of Atlanta, and all the hospitals that are owned by Well Star and their doctors will take you. Good luck, Cobra Agent, I wish I could help you more.

www.bcbs.com

over9five

Staff member
Cobra, I'm sure you know this, but don't wait on getting medical attention for the seven month old. Find an emergency room and get him seen. You're in a bad spot being away from home, but trust me, I've been in a bad spot when my own son was seven months old. Some things CAN'T wait for tomorrow. You think they can, but you can be so wrong. Bite the bullet, use the ER, pay them when you can if the insurance doesn't work out.

Trust me trust me trust me.
And let us know how everything works out.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Thanks for the number scratch, helped alot. Our son is fine now (ear infection) it was just making our travels miserable and he is much much happier now. I am just amazed on how many people were concerned about us and were so anxious to pull out their wallet, take out a little card and type a freakin number on a computer screen. Many here i know dont have the same insurance so I completly understand but i know many on bc have the same insurance so shame on you!!!!!:angry:

BigBrownSanta

Thanks for the number scratch, helped alot. Our son is fine now (ear infection) it was just making our travels miserable and he is much much happier now. I am just amazed on how many people were concerned about us and were so anxious to pull out their wallet, take out a little card and type a freakin number on a computer screen. Many here i know dont have the same insurance so I completly understand but i know many on bc have the same insurance so shame on you!!!!!:angry:

You're kidding right?

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
yea i am not upset i did get the insurance help that we needed, We still would have taken our son to the doctor even with out the insurance. But am i kidding about the post........no............ I might step on toes because of it, or open up a huge can of worms.....That is just how my wife and I feel. If you didnt see the post until after Scratch posted the number, or if you simply didnt have the info, your conscious should be clear. But we do know thay many, many people looked at the post without saying a word. Our general office was not opened, my sups did not have the number, was really unsure as to where to look online so I turned to BC. We are many miles from our house in a strange town so was i kidding,.......again.... no

BigBrownSanta

yea i am not upset i did get the insurance help that we needed, We still would have taken our son to the doctor even with out the insurance. But am i kidding about the post........no............ I might step on toes because of it, or open up a huge can of worms.....That is just how my wife and I feel. If you didnt see the post until after Scratch posted the number, or if you simply didnt have the info, your conscious should be clear. But we do know thay many, many people looked at the post without saying a word. Our general office was not opened, my sups did not have the number, was really unsure as to where to look online so I turned to BC. We are many miles from our house in a strange town so was i kidding,.......again.... no

Two things:

1. Scratch answered you in 1 1/2 hours.

2. Personal responsibility - put your insurance card in your wallet (or did you not take that also?)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Glad to see your son is O.K and that is a blessing!! Hope your home is ok when you get back there!!!Good Luck Cove

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I did have my insurance card in my wallet, however it was aetna card and since i am now fulltime i am no longer covered by aetna. We have not recieved our new cards yet. As far a personal responsibility, we took our son to the doctor. Personal responsibility you dont know the amount of time i spent outside bc looking for the information that i needed to take care of my family. Yea personal responsibility being on the road for the last week taking care of my family, feeding my family, arranging places for us to spend the night, taking sick ones to the doctor, trying to figure out when we might get power back to our house so we can go back home. That is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.......asking people for help with insurance information is seeing if others can help nothing more nothing less.

LiL"Comet"

Cobra BLESSINGS TO YOU AND FAMILY I hope everything at home is at its possible best under the circumstances. When it comes to our children we all can overreact but that shows that your a loving father and you want nothing but the best for them. I have 3 children of my own and any time I can explain what goes own in someone Else's life I do so that they will understand "life" and what we are dealt with at times. My 8 yr old little girl Zoie wanted to send you a special prayer for your baby.... and I quote "Cobra I know God is gonna watch over your family especially your baby cause god loves babies more, cause there littler than us right mom" end quote.. (she's at home sick today from school) God Bless you and family good luck in the coming days Cobra LiL Comet & fam will be thinking of you dear.:angel2:

BigBrownSanta

I did have my insurance card in my wallet, however it was aetna card and since i am now fulltime i am no longer covered by aetna. We have not recieved our new cards yet. As far a personal responsibility, we took our son to the doctor. Personal responsibility you dont know the amount of time i spent outside bc looking for the information that i needed to take care of my family. Yea personal responsibility being on the road for the last week taking care of my family, feeding my family, arranging places for us to spend the night, taking sick ones to the doctor, trying to figure out when we might get power back to our house so we can go back home. That is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.......asking people for help with insurance information is seeing if others can help nothing more nothing less.

Cobra Agent,

I am sincerely sorry. I went off the deep end and completely over reacted. I'm not going to try and make excuses for what I said. I was thoroughly wrong and I am sorry if I hurt you at a stressful time in your life.

BBS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw your thread shortly after you posted it but we have Excellus BC/BS here so I could not help you. I am glad things worked out well for your son. My son dealt with ear infections a lot when he was young so I am well aware of what you were going through.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cobra, there are many many people on here, both regestered and unregistered. Not everyone can answer questions and more importantly not everyone can answer questions correctly. Would it have been more frustrating getting the wrong anwer?

I read your post as soon as it posted but I had no answer for you as I am not in Central States. I sent my prayers to you through the universe and I am sure many others did the same. We all care for and wish the best for children, especially. I am glad your little cobra is well and hope that you and your family get back to your home in good shape.