Need Shoe Help?

Dereks

Hey guys, so I recently got hired as a seasonal/casual driver for this Winter's season, and have my driver's orientation from Oct 1-5, 4 weeks of classroom training and 1 day of on-the-road training with a sup the last day. Pretty excited and all, but I've just got one concern...

My HR lady already ordered my uniforms and told me of course we need to wear them during orientation, but she also said I needed specific shoes: Non-slip soles, waterproof, comfortable, polish-able, black or brown shoes/boots. So I have some comfortable black sneakers, but the soles are pretty worn & melted from my last job, they're not waterproof (mesh over top of toes) and they're not polish-able. So I'm looking for new ones, but what kind of shoes offer all of that, and are also polish-able??

Just wondering if you guys had some recommendations of specific brands/models and reviews. Thanks!!

Derek

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I wear New Balance, they are around $47 at Kohls on sale. Use a 20% off coupon off the Internet to make them cheaper. I don't wear boots and have yet to have any ankle injuries in 12 years.

OptimusPrime

He is a seasonal driver who will be laid off shortly after Peak. That's a lot of money to spend for what may be a very short time.

Exactly. Show up in some decent black tennis shoes. All black preferably, but really eff it so long as it's close. The "seasonal" hires are a cruel joke. HR hires all kinds of lamers, then the center will pick and choose. If you suck, are slow, old, hard to work with, etc, then you wont even get enough hours to cover a nice shoe purchase.

BrownArmy

I wear New Balance, they have the shoes that fit my size 13 4E width...they're great, fit all the requirements, and last about six months.

If you're in a snow area though, sneakers won't cut it, you'll need to also get some boots.

There's nothing worse than soaked, cold feet.

For boots I have a pair of Carolinas, real nice but pricey, again for the width option.

(If you have wide feet, life is challenging...)

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Get a really hideous pair of Uggs...

3204_lynnea_che_1_.jpg
scouting-for-pretty-extreme-016-786392.jpg
3204_lynnea_che_1_.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wear New Balance, they have the shoes that fit my size 13 4E width...they're great, fit all the requirements, and last about six months.

If you're in a snow area though, sneakers won't cut it, you'll need to also get some boots.

There's nothing worse than soaked, cold feet.

For boots I have a pair of Carolinas, real nice but pricey, again for the width option.

(If you have wide feet, life is challenging...)

I also wear New Balance and remember when I would get 2 years worth of use out of them---they now barely last 1 year, which is basically late April to early October. The pair I have now will be thrown out once I start wearing the boots.

I'm a Reebok guy... Wearing the ZigTech's now... At Reebok outlet you have to ask for them, they keep the polishable black leathers in the back... Manager told me they are supposed to keep in the back because they are $20 cheaper...