Need some advice. UPS vs USPS

Yeah I meant the end day. But I was waiting for more boxes are they weren't ready when I arrived. So I'm guessing I wasted about 40 click there. I dont know to to deal with situations like this. Because my super told me I can pnly scan PU 15 min early and up to 15 minutes late. So I feel like I wasted my rush work after lunch. ( I made 45 stops in 125 clicks)
You can bust your butt all day.

Certain customers,will ruin your whole,planned day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah I meant the end day. But I was waiting for more boxes are they weren't ready when I arrived. So I'm guessing I wasted about 40 click there. I dont know to to deal with situations like this. Because my super told me I can pnly scan PU 15 min early and up to 15 minutes late. So I feel like I wasted my rush work after lunch. ( I made 45 stops in 125 clicks)

There's not much you can do, especially in your 30 days, other than to sit there and wait.

The +/- 15 can be a pain sometimes.

Siveriano

You can bust your butt all day.
Certain customers,will ruin your whole,planned day.

I started seen that now. still, I wont be the best, but, Ill try and do my best. i really love how time fly when im working.

There's not much you can do, especially in your 30 days, other than to sit there and wait.
The +/- 15 can be a pain sometimes.

Truth. Im so happy my manager knows my name.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-08-24-20-40-41--1835982741.jpeg
Lol

Also I have more questions .

I really want to scratch . But like today I finish my 143 stops by 16:13 then I went to my pick ups at 16:30 and my last pick up is at 17:35. When I went to my last pick up is was 17:00 and they were not ready so I had to wait Until 17:28 for them to give me the list.
Can I report this lost time to my center? Will they care about it?
You probably Need 150-155 stops.

Siveriano

You probably Need 150-155 stops.
yesterday they gave me 161 stops. and it was horrible, i had to put my handtruck in top of the boxes because there was just not room to walk. also pile all 6k,7k,8k boxes on the back of the truck and i badly got about 6 feet of clear walk path.

i gotta say, i love when i have 18 boxes for a 2fl office with no elevator and then when im on the 2fl i notice the moved.

but im not giving up. no now that im lossing about 5 pounds per week just by working at UPS.

yesterday they gave me 161 stops. and it was horrible, i had to put my handtruck in top of the boxes because there was just not room to walk. also pile all 6k,7k,8k boxes on the back of the truck and i badly got about 6 feet of clear walk path.

i gotta say, i love when i have 18 boxes for a 2fl office with no elevator and then when im on the 2fl i notice the moved.

but im not giving up. no now that im lossing about 5 pounds per week just by working at UPS.
Unfortunately bulk and stops are 2 different things. I will sometimes go back to a building with a bulk stop during pick ups if I pick up later in that building. Deliver 1 or 2 hand truck loads in the morning and the last load when I go up to do pick ups.

How does the consignee feel about you holding some of their packages until you come back for their pickup?
They would rather get their stuff at 16:00 than not at all. I usually deliver the pu first, but when you go up with air and as much ground as possible, sometimes you don't have time for a second trip. You gotta keep moving.
If you have 65 boxes of paper to the 3rd floor with no elevator (even with an elevator). You have to come back, unless they are helping you. Deliver enough to by in your car and move on. You have to make smart decisions especially when you deliver 2 - 60+ story buildings.
Sometimes I'll go up to ask where they want it and tell them I'll have to come later. Most customers understand.