Need some clarity on 9.5

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by ncupser82, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ncupser82

ncupser82 Active Member

I filed my grievance two weeks ago to be opted on to the 9.5 list, and my shop steward handed me a signed copy by the center manager of the grievance. He told me that I was on the list effective immediately, and even said I could begin filing for that week (filed the opt in grievance on Tuesday and he said I could include Monday's planned day in the next grievance...for the triple pay). Today I spoke with the center manager and he and my sup say I have to receive approval before I can go on the list...essentially that it is kicked to the local level hearings. I intend to keep filing because I'll take the stewards word over the center manager, but I'm curious who is right?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

No "approval" needed. Also, there " planed day" dosent mean squat

3. ncupser82

ncupser82 Active Member

Yeah no :censored2:...they couldn't even plan an 8 hour day for me! I filed on that too, and got a similar answer that its me not them!

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Keep filing, helps you show the company is not making an effort to fix problem. This is a long process but once they start having to pay the penalty most have had their hours reduced.