Need some help from my wise UPS friends

First time poster long time stalker on these forums...By the way this is a great site!

I have been working at UPS since Aug 11 2003, a week after the new contract. Right now I'm making 16.24 with my extra 1.00 for being a pick off. Since the new contract I feel like I should be making more. This has been bugging me.

I was getting 0.50 every year from 2003 to 2008 and got the extra dollar for the new contract in Aug 4 2008 but when my seniority date came Aug 11 2008 I never got my .50 cents!! I was shocked! I feel like I got screwed by the new contract.

Hypothetically, lets say my start date was July 28 2003 then I would have received 0.50 cents and the extra 1.oo for the new contract in 2008. I waited a whole year but only got my contract 1.00 in 2008. So what happened to my 0.50?

Currently, I've talked to every Supervisor and Union Reps in my building....They couldn't help. Also HR is giving me the run-around.

Do I have a valid case?

Thanks guys... Any advice would help.

barnyard

KTM rider
You would need to go to a union hall and talk to a business agent about that. I don't think your math is correct, but a BA would know for sure.

UPSGUY72

First time poster long time stalker on these forums...By the way this is a great site!

I have been working at UPS since Aug 11 2003, a week after the new contract. Right now I'm making 16.24 with my extra 1.00 for being a pick off. Since the new contract I feel like I should be making more. This has been bugging me.

I was getting 0.50 every year from 2003 to 2008 and got the extra dollar for the new contract in Aug 4 2008 but when my seniority date came Aug 11 2008 I never got my .50 cents!! I was shocked! I feel like I got screwed by the new contract.

Hypothetically, lets say my start date was July 28 2003 then I would have received 0.50 cents and the extra 1.oo for the new contract in 2008. I waited a whole year but only got my contract 1.00 in 2008. So what happened to my 0.50?

Currently, I've talked to every Supervisor and Union Reps in my building....They couldn't help. Also HR is giving me the run-around.

Do I have a valid case?

Thanks guys... Any advice would help.

Your wrong the read Article 22 Section 5 Wages (a) part time employees

All part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
will receive the following general wage increases for each
contract year. In each of the years, the increase shall be paid in two
(2) equal installments. The first half of the increase shall become
effective on August 1 of the specified year. The second half of the
increase shall become effective on February 1 of the following calendar year. The total wage increase for each year will be as follows:
2008 seventy cents ($0.70)
2009 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2010 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2011 eighty-five cents ($0.85)
2012 ninety-five cents ($0.95)

From 2003 to 2008 is 5 years you already completed your progression.

You not going to get a $.50 cent raise your think you should have gotten on Aug 1. and the $.35 contract raise on the same day.