need some simple tips and advice

LeddySS98

I was told ARS/RS packages give you 7 seconds per sheeted ARS package... you could be right though scratch, who knows what to beleive where.

Back to the end of day scanning... I've been entering the HIVal, 1DA's, INTL, over 70 manually... is that not needed, is all the info there when you scan the EOD?

I was told ARS/RS packages give you 7 seconds per sheeted ARS package... you could be right though scratch, who knows what to beleive where.

Back to the end of day scanning... I've been entering the HIVal, 1DA's, INTL, over 70 manually... is that not needed, is all the info there when you scan the EOD?
As per what an IE guy told me:
On all prepaid packages (ARS/RS etc.)scanned in you get the same time as you do for each package over one at a regular pickup.
On the EOD scan, I know it includes HiVal and next day air and INTL ,but I don't think it covers anything that doesn't require you off load at a recovery point.
Where's Pretzel or BrownIE when ya need 'em?

pkgdriver

Leddy-Im pretty sure you have to enter the special counts yourself. If you dont put them in yourself they dont show up on your summary when you get back to the building. I think you may get an allowance for unloading Intl,nda's and high-values. Even if you dont its a great way(may be part of the methods) to keep track of the packages you have to take off.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was time studied in November by a Corp IE guy. That is where my comment about not getting credit for ARS/RS packages came from. I never got a review of the study, so I don't know how it went.

helenofcalifornia

When I said "mileage," in my case that would be following the trace as it appears on my board. Management will usually add a split in the board last minute and it will be totally in the wrong spot. (They don't seem to care where they put it, as long as they put it somewhere) Sooo..... if I want extra time, I just follow their trace for the day. I would never advocate going radically off your route just to put miles on. (Though I know drivers that do on a regular basis) That is a sure way to attract attention.

As long as you are doing your job honestly, in one ear and out the other.

TSup

Listen, first off DO NOT cheat....
Follow the methods, take you lunch and breaks.....
DO NOT try to shortcut anything.....

1) Hitting Dock does not give you extra time, it is built into the time study, the only difference is if you DR or get a signature at a stop
2) ARS gives you exactly the same time a a regular PU piece, enter the qty and scan then into PPD under Spec Counts
3) DO NOT run up mileage, you will get caught sooner or later and then bye bye
4) Over 70's is big, enter at both Delv and PU in Spec Counts
5) Make sure you enter all the counts at each PU, you have been missing a bunch of time if you didn't in the past
- Rec A is all NDA/INTL packages you will unload at Air Dock
- Rec B is One Time PU that you will unload at center
- Rec C is Haz Mat you will unload at center
- Intl is the number of Intl SHIPMENTS not packages you verify
- HiVal is the number of High Values you will unload at center
6) DO NOT use Unscheduled Pickup for ARS that are handed to you. This is not the method and you could get into trouble here.
7) DO NOT put time for sorting your truck, this is in the DIAD if you are asked to come in and start early and Sort and Load on the Preload. Doing this could get you into trouble as well.
8) Be careful with the running of misloads - Ask your Mgmt team what they want you to do. Often going into another area hurts your On Area miles and will make you look worse.

I just had a 3 day ride my sup. said to enter all packages that you unload in rec a. That includes my 2-3 totes and 30 air I unload. Also take time to manually enter the hivalue and international pkg counts. It's not much time but it helps. Take your lunch at noon like a human you will feel better and if you have to go home early you can skip part of it.

Braveheart

be sure you do everything honestly and by the book. Then when you go over 9.5 for three days in a week, file a grievance. BE ready for rides, don't change a thing. Do it by the book. Repeat as necessary. sooner or later the dispatch will change for the better.
Good post. I had a guy on my old route years ago that was headed for management who ran all day, exceded the speed limit, skipped or sorted through lunch, made up stops, called pu customers, took credit for pu accounts that were out of business or closed, left bulk head door open all day, left packages at edge of people's driveways etc etc

guy got away with murder before they promoted the know it all.

I am doing 20 stops less a day. Sure they harass me but what else is new. My customers love me and I just drive safe, no tickets, no accidents, no injuries etc etc.

I have seen more than my share of management end up quiting. They all thought they could drive me out. Look who is still here and who is not.

brownrodster

Although all the ideas offered will help,I think yor question was "how can I gain more time", I think helenofcalifornia had the best answer.If you do all your air first,not touching a ground pkg,then go through the area a 2nd time and do the rest,the extra mileage,and increased stop count,will improve your planned day immensely.Your SPOHR will increase,and they will take work off you .at least thats how it would work in our center.

I used this tactic once. On a route with a lot of NDA stops I started doing nothing but NDA first and then delivering all ground in trace. Added a lot of stops to my day and helped keep my SPORH very high. It made it harder for them to stick a certain split on that truck that I did not like.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As our start time keeps getting later, running air first without ground is sometimes the only option. On Fridays the air and ground gets delivered together somehow. It's a mystery.