Need you to take -- stops off 'so and so' ...

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not under the new contract. I was talking with our Steward just last night as we were walking out. Any full time driver with (I believe) 4 years of driving can get on the 9.5 list.

I can't wait, give me less OT, or give me more grievance money

But that's not relevant to his question TODAY.

giggity

However my main concern is them asking me to help and then disciplining me for not making 9.5..[/quote]

I always send back 'which do you want under 9.5 or help so & so'? i don't do a thing until I get an answer.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Or do like me and go back out, drive the speed limit, walk and take so much time that the very thought of ever sending me back out again will make them throw-up. Oh yeah, they never send me back out, and it's been almost 9 years since it last happened. Make'em pay if they send you back out.

Post number #59 and I finally see the correct answer. Make sure they remember what happened when they sent YOU back out.

browniehound

I think its great that everybody was working and punched out by 1900, but its going to be very short lived. UPS simply can't compete with the FedEx's of the world operating like this. Why do you think they cut all those routes? To line your pocket with OT?

No. They do it because after 40 hours they don't have to pay into the health and welfare fund. With rising healthcare costs magnified by the OBAMAcare mandate, UPS is paying through the nose for every hour worked under 40.

I believe its almost a relief that they only have to pay the OT rate for $48+/hour because if it wasn't they would keep all the routes in and pay everybody less than 9.

Just a guess here

PT Car Washer

But yet they kick the PTers out after 3 1/2 hours of just it get in a package car and let the drivers take care of it. Not a lot of PTers make $30.00 an hour anymore. Still have to pay them healthcare cost. Seems to me it would be more cost effective to pay a preloader $10.00 an hour to do the job right then pay a driver $48.00 an hour to clean up the mess.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think its great that everybody was working and punched out by 1900, but its going to be very short lived. UPS simply can't compete with the FedEx's of the world operating like this. Why do you think they cut all those routes? To line your pocket with OT?

No. They do it because after 40 hours they don't have to pay into the health and welfare fund. With rising healthcare costs magnified by the OBAMAcare mandate, UPS is paying through the nose for every hour worked under 40.

I believe its almost a relief that they only have to pay the OT rate for $48+/hour because if it wasn't they would keep all the routes in and pay everybody less than 9.

Just a guess here
Actually it's after 8 hours. 40 has nothing to with it.

browniehound

Actually it's after 8 hours. 40 has nothing to with it.
I could be wrong here but I believe the contract says something like "the employer will pay x to the health and pension up to 40 hours per week". So I think if you work 4 9.5 days you get 37.5 hours of health fund contributions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I could be wrong here but I believe the contract says something like "the employer will pay x to the health and pension up to 40 hours per week". So I think if you work 4 9.5 days you get 37.5 hours of health fund contributions.
I pay no attention. Work one day a month in my local and they pay for the whole month.

Mack Grant

To the OP lets go back to your first post:am i correct in reading drivers that were Over Allowed got Warning Letters? That would be SLAM DUNK grievance. Management knows better than to trey that crap in our building.
The reason you are being sent back out is because you are the Low Man on the Totem Pole. we all paid our dues,you are paying them now
I was about to say this. Never heard of warning letters for over 9.5. If your 500 clicks over plan the only thing they can really do is issue a Talk With.

browniehound

It is 8 hours per day up to 40 hours per week.

In the example you gave above you would only get 32 hours of H&W contributions from the company on your behalf.
Are you 100% sure on this? I only question it because one quarter I missed many days(I didn't work a full week the entire quarter) and the only thing (I thought) that saved me from having to pay for hours to the health fund was all the OT I worked on the days I was in. I'm not arguing you because I really don't know myself, just asking the question.