Needs to be addressed in new contract

k946

I hear you on the union attorney, but unfortunately form a previous union matter and bad information from the locals atty. and bad representation from the BA at that time I got my own lawyer who has no one to please but me. I can't afford misinformation or being sold out this time. I know not all BA's are the same and the one I have now has done more in a few months then the first did in a few years. Same goes for the lawyers. I know UPS pays good and has good benefits, but considering the BS that goes there they have no choice. If they didn't, they have a turnover of people that would be crazy. I also know that they are cheap when it comes to taking care of their employees. They have been around long enough to know who is milking the system and who is hurt. Unlike our judicial system, at UPS you are guily until proven innocent and I think thats a shame.

thenewb

yea, and when you tell them you are in pain they tell you to keep working, ignore request's for time off to see a doctor, try light duty. anything but take care of the problem and heal.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So we all should all have our union lawyer on speed dial? Yeah......I don't think so.

If you are injured, report the injury as soon as possible and seek medical care if needed. Keep your mgt team notified of your status. If the injury appears to be one that may keep you out of work for an extended period of time you should then contact your union local for their assistance.

"Lawyering up" for a twisted ankle is stupid and a waste of everyone's time.

This thread isn't about twisted ankles Nancy.
It's about lost time, workers comp injuries.
Try and keep up.

stink219

So we all should all have our union lawyer on speed dial? Yeah......I don't think so.

If you are injured, report the injury as soon as possible and seek medical care if needed. Keep your mgt team notified of your status. If the injury appears to be one that may keep you out of work for an extended period of time you should then contact your union local for their assistance.

This thread isn't about twisted ankles Nancy.
It's about lost time, workers comp injuries.
Try and keep up.
that's twice in a row Bubble owned CupcakeNY. Feel the boom......own it........now embrace it and love it!!!!

Johney

"Lawyering up" can wait until the injury is assessed.
You my friend have obviously not felt the true wrath of the W/C system at it's worst. I myself have had my share of issue's with comp and had to involve a lawyer more than once because they DENIED me coverage only to cover me after my attorney filed with the state. I know I have heard a few here say to go to your local for advice on an attorney. Don't waste your time! I found a great one through word of mouth, only after my local blew me off after asking for advice for my particular situation.

k946

Thanks Johney, unless you have truely been thru it, you have no idea what its like. Also after reading several other posts about injured employees on this site I would like to clear something up. I have read many times that people think because you get injured and cannot return to your job, that you get disability checks. FYI medicare only pays when you have a 50% or more total body impairment (damn near impossible) unless in a wheel chair or blind. Not even sure loss of limb counts. In my state, if I cannot return to my job but can prove thru the court that I have received some sort of permanent impairment, you can get up 500 weeks maximum pay. After 500 weeks, you are on your own. If you settle, you are then responsible for your own future medical bills resulting from your injury after settlement. Your forced to resign, have no ins. no job, just the puzzling question as to where you go from here. It is really tough trying to explain all this without giving to much detail because of going thru court but when this resolved I will explain in detail what all has taken place for the members on here to read and they can judge for themselves. Its really not hard to figure out, its not whether you will win or not, YOU WON'T! Its fighting every step of the way trying not to get screwed to death by your company. I am also quite sure that UPS is not the only one to take this approach. But, for the people who write how expensive it is. They could cut their costs by using common sense as well.

A

anonymous6

it's a whole new world. not when we were growing up and some companies had some integrity.

k946

They really don't leave you any choice with a serious injury about getting a lawyer. Between the greivances and the work injury and who has to pay for what, it actually took less time to put Sandusky thru the court system and find him guilty and sentence him, then it is taking to to figure out who pays my medical bills or to even have my greivances heard. That right now I am seriously having a problem with.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How do you get injuries doing feeders? Half smart ass half serious. How long have you been injured. You have to understand they can't keep giving an injured person stuff for free when they aren't contributing anything.

UPS is in the business of delivering packages.

Part of the cost of doing business is providing benefits for employees who get injured delivering those packages.

The human body simply was not designed to do what we do every day over a 25 or 30 year period, and all of the acronyms and safety buzz words in the world will not change that fact.

If you are truly concerned about the company's ability to shoulder the burden of "giving stuff for free to those who aren't contributing anything", then a good place to start would be to eliminate some of the multiple, bloated, top-heavy layers of management dead weight who contribute nothing to the operation besides a seemingly inexhaustible supply of meaningless reports. Our customers aren't paying for reports, they are paying to have their packages delivered.

Last edited: