Negative Rehire (bad experience).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When workers are layed off as the OP claims, they can be put on a no-rehire list?

I was always under the impression (probably falsely) that being laid off was not the same as being fired/terminated.

I mean, they never even fired the guy from what it sounds like. Just told him to get the boots and call when he had them, and they decide daily he's not needed.

If he weren't technically employed (he did claim to work a day, after all) and also on the no-rehire list, why wouldn't they just tell him that and be done with it?

I may be misunderstanding all this as I jumped the gun again and replied after the first page, though. I gotta stop doing that.
No they can not be put on no-rehire. When someone is laid off, they are coded just like you would if you took a dead day or an option day. It's code 21. The only option you have is to select multiple days that they are laid off, there is no option for termination.

They wouldn't be able to hire him if he was on the no-rehire list. His paperwork wouldn't be able to go through the HR system, and even if it did, it wouldn't process through the timecard system.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You'd think they'd be so hurt for bodies (my center is, at least; found out today 9 brand new hires have quit in the past two weeks) they'd jump at the chance to bring him in.
We got the turnover numbers for the district last week and how much it cost the company. The numbers would knock your socks off.

J

jibbs

We got the turnover numbers for the district last week and how much it's cost the company. The numbers would knock your socks off.

Haha! I bet, man, I bet.... seems like it's not even worth it trying to make friends with the new guys until they're at least a week or two in these days. Here today, gone tomorrow, ya know? Hell, sometimes they're gone mid-shift after they ask you where the bathroom is.

The bathroom question always raises alarms in me when a new hire asks. I start thinking ":censored2: I'm about to have to load his pull too" and make sure to keep an eye out for 'em coming back.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Haha! I bet, man, I bet.... seems like it's not even worth it trying to make friends with the new guys until they're at least a week or two in these days. Here today, gone tomorrow, ya know? Hell, sometimes they're gone mid-shift after they ask you where the bathroom is.
I've never had a new hire quit mid sort, but I've had plenty not come back on Day 2. I try to keep them energized and excited, but as soon as they get that look on their face, you know they're done.

HardknocksUPSer

Once you are placed on no-rehire it goes for all hourly positions. He wouldn't even be able to be a helper.
In the middle of peak their so desperate who knows what might happen, I've seen a guy hired for two weeks and he was going to jail in two weeks for THEFT for cryin out loud. They will hire anybody who breaths if it's bad enough lol

Cat in the hat

I just tell the new hire I'm new here too. It's only my second day. After that I tell the new hire today is a lite day I was told. They say it gets really crazy during peak. Then I tell them they had two guys walk out yesterday .

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpg

browntroll

samething happened to my friends brother, he was supposed to be hired as a seasonal driver helper got called only to have them cancel saying
they didnt need him that day after all and now he tried applying again and said as a former employee hes not eligible for rehire at the moment.
only "work" he did was go to the driver helper training.