Negotiations Conference Call Update this Saturday, February 2

stink219

Do the stewards really "participate" in the conference call, or do they just listen?
Yes we do. There is a Q&A at the end of the call. That's why it pisses me off that these Termites Destroying Unions would go and post something that invites everyone. I don't care if people get the info. But now the Q&A will be 7 hours long. Can someone get Ken P's number for me? If not, tell him I said to go get his face friend'd!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Lets say the contact talks are going nowhere. Your delivering at a major account, and they say,"How's the new contract?" Your response could cause them to rethink their shipping options. Thats the #1 reason for a brown out. The goal is to have a healthy balance in our contract while maintaining our customer base. Without that, we are all :censored2:!

That's not the reason for the "Brown Out." If a customer asked for a contract update, ANYTHING we tell them should be professional & reassuring.

"They're going bad ... the company's trying to screw us and we're not going to stand for it!" is unprofessional, unassuring - and worthy of termination.
"They're keeping us in the dark" is unassuring.

Discussing OUR business with the customer is unprofessional. We need to reassure them "we're told a deal's close" and refer them to somebody if they're weary enough that they're considering switching to FedEx.

stink219

Lets say the contact talks are going nowhere. Your delivering at a major account, and they say,"How's the new contract?" Your response could cause them to rethink their shipping options. Thats the #1 reason for a brown out. The goal is to have a healthy balance in our contract while maintaining our customer base. Without that, we are all :censored2:!

That's not the reason for the "Brown Out." If a customer asked for a contract update, ANYTHING we tell them should be professional & reassuring.

"They're going bad ... the company's trying to screw us and we're not going to stand for it!" is unprofessional, unassuring - and worthy of termination.
"They're keeping us in the dark" is unassuring.

Discussing OUR business with the customer is unprofessional. We need to reassure them "we're told a deal's close" and refer them to somebody if they're weary enough that they're considering switching to FedEx.
Sorry to burst your bubble. But substantial progress is being made.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble. But substantial progress is being made.

I never suggested or implied such (progress wasn't being made). But since you piped my curiosity, please fill me in on the details. That way I won't be tempted to dial-in on Saturday ;).

Inthegame

While I enjoy the ignorance, I'll reiterate that I was merely crediting -- and not seeking commentary -- on where I sourced. Perhaps you enjoy reading your news as "...according to sources within Bank of America, who received their information from a staff briefing; the persons holding the staff briefing received their information from their superiors; their superiors received their information from executives..." More importantly, the memo does not express confidentiality, nor ask stewards to refrain from sharing details among their work groups, so I ponder how you choose to chasten those who share it. One can reasonably conclude that IBT may have distributed details of the conference calls to stewards to share with its work group.

And obviously I meant proprietary information (autocorrect's not always my friend) but I'm glad the grammar queens are around.
I'll ignore the insults and inanity (BofA dissertation?) and get to the meat of your post...that's if commentary is allowed on... wait for it...a forum that lives on commentary!!!
A Memo that clearly states, ***Please Distribute to Shop Stewards***, then TO: All Teamster UPS Shop Stewards,
then RE: Shop Stewards Negotiation Update Conference Call, followed by the body of text which reads... This call is to update Teamster UPS Shop Stewards... it is important that every Shop Steward participate...and finally ***Please Distribute to Shop Stewards*** and you have reasonably concluded the IBT's intent was to share this with all work groups?
The contract update information should absolutely be shared with work groups after the call and delineating this info through stewards is a very viable format to accomplish that goal. Having a wide open format will end any meaningful Q&A.
The "propitiatory information" jab was having a little fun. Relax Bagels I think we're on the same side.

brown_trousers

well theres a LOT of stuff you could say at a delivery to make them rethink their shipping options... we are professionals at our job because we dont say those things......
Do the teamsters leaders think so low of us, to think we would be that unprofessional?

stink219

well theres a LOT of stuff you could say at a delivery to make them rethink their shipping options... we are professionals at our job because we dont say those things......
Do the teamsters leaders think so low of us, to think we would be that unprofessional?
I wouldn't worry about the teamsters. TDU does enough damage by putting their anti union spin on everything.

GameCockFan

Mt shop stewards didn't know anytjing about the call. I'm trying to get in but Verizon says the number is disconnected or no longer in service. Great I don't need any info about a contract that affects my future. Bull****!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I guess they meant Central Time... On hold now waiting for the speaker to arrive.

It was 12:00 PM EST. Over 1000 people were connected when GST hall started. TDU leaking the notice resulted in jammed lines, keeping many stewards (including some from my local, too) from being able to dial in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lame. I mean in this day and age people with negotiations and the such should just accept nothing is private anymore.

InsideUPS

This Saturday, February 2nd, hall will be hosting a negotiations update conference call live at 12:00PM EST. If you're interested, you may dial in.

Official notice here:
http://cdn.e2ma.net/userdata/7848/assets/docs/UPS_Shop_Steward_Conference_Call_Feb_2_2013.pdf

Thanks to TDU for the heads up.

Did anyone ever think that there a LIMITED number of call in lines? How many stewards called in but got a busy signal instead of being able to listen to the conference call. Yes...thank you all for passing out this number...(sarcasm)

Sorry...I simply cannot thank TDU for making it impossible for me to call in.......possibly a podcast or something on the Internet next time?.....

LagunaBrown

First words outta there mouth is that the union is in bed with management but then they hand out steward conference call info to management and flood the lines...... What a joke. Get elected if you wanna play shop steward. What a bunch of know it all's....It's obvious they can't follow directions what makes them think they can lead anyone? Morons.

stink219

First words outta there mouth is that the union is in bed with management but then they hand out steward conference call info to management and flood the lines...... What a joke. Get elected if you wanna play shop steward. What a bunch of know it all's....It's obvious they can't follow directions what makes them think they can lead anyone? Morons.
Ken P is a social communist. He created TDU for one reason, to line HIS pockets. I did major research into his multi level pyramid scheme. Every TDU run local is in the toilet. The post complete negativity of our union and when the union has a big victory they don't even mention it. The FACTS are that Ken P, who started the TDU, has been on withdrawal (and hasn't paid dues)since 1974 which means he cannot vote or attend meetings of the IBT, he collect multiple salaries from the TDU and also collects another salary as executive director of The Rank and File Education and Legal Defense Fund but promotes being against multiple salaries for the IBT, Emily Citkowski is a TDU staffer, not a Teamster. Their Office Manager is not a Teamster. It's been suggested that David Levin, a TDU staffer is also not a Teamster. Most of the people at TDU Central on Michigan Ave. in Detroit are NOT dues paying Teamster Members. These people continue to lie to us about everything, from the employer funding they receive via "grants" (from employer foundations) to who really makes up and leads TDU...

broken

I started calling at 11:57 and got "line is not accepting calls at this time" until 1:04..........
then at 1:05 I got "the conference will begin when the speakers arrive" until 1:50........

anyone on here get through?... if so what was said?