Negotiations Update (April 19, 2013)

ups clerk

You heard wrong. Many high level "negotiators" left late Thursday. Several supplements still open with little discussion or movement from UPS. This will be an interesting week.
Yes I heard too that if nothing is settled by May 1st, Amazon will start looking elsewhere. I bet FedEx is watering at the mouth right now. I heard and I truly believe it, UPS and the Teamsters will finish this by the end of the week. What scares me is that Scott Davis, CEO of UPS said earlier this year that UPS and the Teamsters have a great relationship and that he wants Jimmy Hoffa/hall to negotiate this up coming contract before Hoffa leaves office later this year. Yeah I bet he does.:angry:

ups clerk

no complaints here!
There will always be split raises. Why? Two reasons....UPS is saving a ton of money by giving us split raises because by paying us half, the other half stays in the bank and draws interest. Second, when it was one big raise once a year, Teamsters raised our dues. Now our dues our raised twice a year because we get two raises. Both UPS and the Teamsters are making out like bandits on this. No wonder the Teamsters and UPS are bed partners. They are both making bookoh bucks on us.

stink219

Clerk? Is that your name or your job title? I hope it's not your job. You have a strange way of looking at many things. Your complaint is that in a down economy, even though we got record pension and health abatements, your concern is a split raise? So it's the wording. So maybe this is more accurate.
2008-$0.35
2009-$0.72
2010-$0.75
2011-$0.80
2012-$0.87.5
2013(Not listed in contract)/$0.45
So did we get a bonus .45?
What local are you from?

Last edited:

Evil

Yes I heard too that if nothing is settled by May 1st, Amazon will start looking elsewhere. I bet FedEx is watering at the mouth right now. I heard and I truly believe it, UPS and the Teamsters will finish this by the end of the week. What scares me is that Scott Davis, CEO of UPS said earlier this year that UPS and the Teamsters have a great relationship and that he wants Jimmy Hoffa/hall to negotiate this up coming contract before Hoffa leaves office later this year. Yeah I bet he does.:angry:

No labor leader has been weaker than Hoffa Jr. He has not led a strike since he took over in his more than 15 years as head of this union. Every company loves him since they know he can count on selling the members out.

Evil

Its a fact. Name me one strike this gutless coward has led? Let me know why UPS is so happy to have Hoffa Jr. at helm of the Teamsters union and why UPS was so happy to see their worse nightmare, Ron Carey go? Hoffa Jr. will never have the BALLS to lead any strike, NEVER!

bellesmom

The Central States plan WILL NEVER give us better benefits.. Even if there are tens of thousands of new members.. They have shown me what they will do with our benefits...I am adamantly against Central States continuing to provide the inferior insurance to myself and the rest of the hard working UPS members...As I have stated in other post, I am shocked that the Union feels this is good for us, if they are considering dumping all UPSers into that plan...

Ditto..seems all I do is write checks for what is not covered when we actually need medical care. I have tried to educate the ptimers in our building about CS and they're always shocked their insurance is better than my full-time.

Last edited:

Inthegame

There will always be split raises. Why? Two reasons....UPS is saving a ton of money by giving us split raises because by paying us half, the other half stays in the bank and draws interest. Second, when it was one big raise once a year, Teamsters raised our dues. Now our dues our raised twice a year because we get two raises. Both UPS and the Teamsters are making out like bandits on this. No wonder the Teamsters and UPS are bed partners. They are both making bookoh bucks on us.
Point 1 is accurate and the reason UPS asked for split raises. Point 2 is nonsense. The union loses dues income by foregoing increases for six months. If you received all your raise August 1, the union gets to increase your dues for the entire year, not for half a year.
So UPS saves and the Union loses the beaucoup bucks.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No labor leader has been weaker than Hoffa Jr. He has not led a strike since he took over in his more than 15 years as head of this union. Every company loves him since they know he can count on selling the members out.

Hoffa's goal is to earn a fair contract for the Teamsters. FT UPSers are in the top 15% off all income earners in the USA, and top 10% of total compensation earners in the USA... given that FTers are performing a menial job, then yes, I'd agree he has earned a fair contract for the Teamsters.

Do you define "fair" as bankrupting UPS? $50/hour for menial work sounds sweet, but it's not sustainable long-term.

Hoffa's goal is to earn a fair contract for the Teamsters. FT UPSers are in the top 15% off all income earners in the USA, and top 10% of total compensation earners in the USA... given that FTers are performing a menial job, then yes, I'd agree he has earned a fair contract for the Teamsters.

Do you define "fair" as bankrupting UPS? $50/hour for menial work sounds sweet, but it's not sustainable long-term.
$75 an hour is fair!!! $ 300 bucks an hour is what we deserve.

Justaname

Its a fact. Name me one strike this gutless coward has led? Let me know why UPS is so happy to have Hoffa Jr. at helm of the Teamsters union and why UPS was so happy to see their worse nightmare, Ron Carey go? Hoffa Jr. will never have the BALLS to lead any strike, NEVER!
So you don't like him because we haven't striked? A strike is a powerful tool and should not be used lightly. Kind of a dumb reason to not like the man.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Evil is right, Hoffa has never lead a large (National) Strike. I see other post about small (local) strikes. But name one successful national strike Hoffa has led.
And I saw another post that claimed leading a strike is not absolutely neccessary to be a good leader. Yes, that is true. But in 15 years Hoffa has led the teamsters, are you telling me there was never a time that deserved a strike. How about Coke letting sub-contracters deliver in vans to stores that have small parking lots? Why not unionized Coke employees doing that work? I thought that was enough to strike over.

Evil

realbrown1,

Coca-Cola is a prime example of how Hoffa is gutless and screwed them over by agreeing with the pilot program and then even extending it at the demand of Coke because he didn't have the balls to strike.

Hoffa tried to sell out 5,000 United Airlines Mechanics but the members told him and UA to pound sand when they not only voted down Hoffa's 1st handshake, they also voted down the 2nd handshake, haha.

Hoffa is a sellout and anyone who thinks otherwise drinks more kool-aid than a 5 year old child!

Evil is right, Hoffa has never lead a large (National) Strike. I see other post about small (local) strikes. But name one successful national strike Hoffa has led.
And I saw another post that claimed leading a strike is not absolutely neccessary to be a good leader. Yes, that is true. But in 15 years Hoffa has led the teamsters, are you telling me there was never a time that deserved a strike. How about Coke letting sub-contracters deliver in vans to stores that have small parking lots? Why not unionized Coke employees doing that work? I thought that was enough to strike over.

realbrown1,

Coca-Cola is a prime example of how Hoffa is gutless and screwed them over by agreeing with the pilot program and then even extending it at the demand of Coke because he didn't have the balls to strike.

Hoffa tried to sell out 5,000 United Airlines Mechanics but the members told him and UA to pound sand when they not only voted down Hoffa's 1st handshake, they also voted down the 2nd handshake, haha.

Hoffa is a sellout and anyone who thinks otherwise drinks more kool-aid than a 5 year old child!
I'm starting to see a pattern with these two posters. I think they are trolls for TDU. I don't think either of you work for ups. I think you are TDU.

realbrown1,

Ive went through all of your posts. You don't work for ups you work for TDU.

stink219

Overnite Transportation - October 24, 1999-October 25, 2002 Documented in the film American Standoff
Evil, you do know it's not 97 anymore correct? Not sure if anyone told you but, Carey is dead.

stink219

407 is right! If one of you guys are or talks to Ken P, he's coming to my area in a few months. I'll be waiting, and I'll be there! He won't be able to hide behind his communistic piece of paper. That piece of sh1t will run with his tail between his legs of course. BLAST is back!!