negotiations?

Notretiredyet

This is gonna take awhile, first local meetings to ask members what needs to be addressed for a yes vote. Then each conference will meet and decide what will get the supplement to pass with the least effort. Then the locals whose supplements were voted down have to negotiate changes necessary to get a yes vote locally. Expect the hard sell on the new health care from both sides in the coming months.

quamba 638

Peak season strike talk would be interesting...
Ain't happening. The people who want the no vote can wait and wait to vote again. The longer people wait for their raise the more people will any to vote and vote to pass this mother.

Yeah right. I voted NO because I didn't want to join Teamcare vs keeping UPS coverage. That's it! Simple. If dragging this out 5 years means keeping my current UPS coverage for another 5 years, then lets drag it out I say!

browned_out

You can joke all you want but a lot of our brothers and sisters are going to want their money. Watch.

So in your opinion, everyone will vote yes because there not getting $5.60 (straight time) per day???? I think the issues are more than that. Even if you add in overtime that might be an additional $2.10 a day, take out taxes and I don't see your logic.

stink219

So in your opinion, everyone will vote yes because there not getting $5.60 (straight time) per day???? I think the issues are more than that. Even if you add in overtime that might be an additional $2.10 a day, take out taxes and I don't see your logic.
You think that's what people will be looking at? A few bucks a day? Much more than that. Let me ask you this. When you guys address your supplement, it goes from the local to the international, then they address everything (in your supplement) during bargaining, do you think your going to just vote no (on your supplement) again? If you do, you might want to look over the bylaws once more...

UPSGUY72

Yeah right. I voted NO because I didn't want to join Teamcare vs keeping UPS coverage. That's it! Simple. If dragging this out 5 years means keeping my current UPS coverage for another 5 years, then lets drag it out I say!

One way or the other everyone is going get there health insurance under a union run plan. I'm covered under a union run health plan I don't / haven't paid a dime for anything and I have 2 kids a 5 and 7.

You should direct your effort on the details of the plan and not trying to stop the switch to a union run plan. You should have your BA / local officers look into what other well run teamster Health insurance plans that have been around for a while provide for coverage.

Ask any management person what is happening to there health care plan run by UPS you might change your mind. Under the Obamacare cluster employers don't have to late employees have there spouses on there health insurance plan and that is what is happen to management.

oldupsman

You think that's what people will be looking at? A few bucks a day? Much more than that. Let me ask you this. When you guys address your supplement, it goes from the local to the international, then they address everything (in your supplement) during bargaining, do you think your going to just vote no (on your supplement) again? If you do, you might want to look over the bylaws once more...

Ahh Stink. Please no more threats or scare tatics okay? You're not going to scare anybody into voting yes.

One way or the other everyone is going get there health insurance under a union run plan. I'm covered under a union run health plan I don't / haven't paid a dime for anything and I have 2 kids a 5 and 7.

You should direct your effort on the details of the plan and not trying to stop the switch to a union run plan. You should have your BA / local officers look into what other well run teamster Health insurance plans that have been around for a while provide for coverage.

Ask any management person what is happening to there health care plan run by UPS you might change your mind. Under the Obamacare cluster employers don't have to late employees have there spouses on there health insurance plan and that is what is happen to management.

UPS couldn't change the health care plan anytime they want. Once it would be negoiated that would be it. Again enough with the scare tactics.

You want to address the issue then let's.

You want me to accept a union run plan? Okay, here's what I want. I want it to be the same coverage I have now with my UPS plan. At the same cost I have now.
With a promise of not one red cent of the 3.90 in raises diverted to health and welfare or pension costs the life of this contract. With EVERYBODY nationwide
getting the same thing. See, unlike some people on this board who just want to shove bad health care down my throat so they get their's I want to see EVERYBODY
get a great health care plan.

quamba 638

Are you in the Central States plan?