Never received my $0.70 raise?

Jasoonis

I was hired on 7/23/13, and I gained my seniority on 9/5/13. I was told since I was hired before Aug 1st that I would be under the old progression and I would be entitled to the $0.70 raise and retro check. Well everyone else in my center received their raid on 4/25/14, but I have not. Am I missing something here?

S

selfcancelsignal

Are you a driver? W/ that seniority date, you'll be under the new progression.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Jasoonis

Are you a driver? W/ that seniority date, you'll be under the new progression.

Yes I am a driver. So I am under the new progression? I was told by HR and by bosses that since I was hired before Aug 1, that I would be under the old progression.

upschuck

You should be making 10/hr, 11 if skilled. 8.50 start. 9.20 (70 cent raise and retro) aug 1, 9.50 after 90 days, $10 April 25. $1 more for skilled.

S

selfcancelsignal

Yes I am a driver. So I am under the new progression? I was told by HR and by bosses that since I was hired before Aug 1, that I would be under the old progression.
You should be talking to your steward's about this, not UPS mgmt. Pretty sure. Ask user name Quigley. He knows a lot about the contract.

saintrick

In order to receive the .70 GWI you must have attained seniority by Aug 1st.

Since you entered package driving prior to Aug 1 you will fall under the 3 year progression. You will receive the 1, 2, and 3 year step wages that go with that only.

who_better_than_me

Guys not that I'm complaining but I received a dollar raise instead of 70 cents or 50cents. Did that happen to anybody else.

I was hired first week of April in 2011. I received my annual raised of 50cents the week of April before I received dollar raised on April 25.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You fall under the old progression. Because you received the 90 day raise after August 1st you would not receive .70 cent raise as the progression raise went into effect between August 1st and the ratification of the contract which retro's back to August 1st. You should receive a retro check from August 1st until your progression raise which you said was september.

Quigley

Once again let me say. If you were in progression on Aug 1 2013 you get the .70. Since you cant make less then the new rate, if with the .70 you are still under the new rate you get the new rate. If the .70 puts you over the new rate, then you keep the higher rate.

Quigley

In order to receive the .70 GWI you must have attained seniority by Aug 1st.

Since you entered package driving prior to Aug 1 you will fall under the 3 year progression. You will receive the 1, 2, and 3 year step wages that go with that only.
What part of this do you not understand?
Part-time employees still in progression on August 1, 2008 13 shall

receive the above contractual increases
This also applyes to full time.

Scottyhawk

Ok let me put it this way before august 1st the op was making 16.10, on August first the op would have received the .70 cent raise to put him at 16.80. In September the op received the seniority raise to put him at the next progression level 17.25 my understanding of the contract is, you only receive the difference between the GWI raise and the next progression raise you are entitled to, not on top off.

I thought the op said they were full time

Quigley

I disagree, or you could quote in contract where it says it, but you can't.
Here you go
Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
Ok let me put it this way before august 1st the op was making 16.10, on August first the op would have received the .70 cent raise to put him at 16.80. In September the op received the seniority raise to put him at the next progression level 17.25 my understanding of the contract is, you only receive the difference between the GWI raise and the next progression raise you are entitled to, not on top off.

I thought the op said they were full time
Where in the contract does it say you only get the difference between the GWI and progression raise?

Scottyhawk

Article 41 section 1 states drivers in progession receive the GWI raise.
article 41 section two talks about progression.
I am also in progression and have not received a raise as my progression raise is in march.
Again I am only giving my opinion by what I am seeing and my understanding of the contract.
I would like to be wrong, but I do not think I am

upschuck

Here you go
Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
And that we both agree on. They get the 70¢.
Where in the contract does it say you only get the difference between the GWI and progression raise?
I don't see it, what I see is they get the GWI, and then they get the old progression wage raises. So they get two smaller raises, and not one larger raise. What I do not see is where it says for FT in progression as of Aug 1 will be bumped up to new progression rates, when the last line of 41.2(c) says they will remain in old progression. If you show me where it says that, then I will say you are right. I wish I could for those drivers.

Scottyhawk

The bump up to the new progression rate only applies to part time employees.
I agree that drivers in progression receive two smaller raises instead of one raise based on reading article 41 section 1 and section 2 and putting them together