Never received my $0.70 raise?

saintrick

Assuming his supplement is the same as mine. It doesnt matter if he attained seniority after Aug 1 because once you work 30 days in a 120 day period your seniority date is the first day of the 30. What is it you dont understand about that.

It does matter the GWI is based on when you attain seniority not your seniority date.

Please read.
Section 1. Full-timeWage Increases

All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
2013 will receive the following general wage increases for
each contract year.

Quigley

It does matter the GWI is based on when you attain seniority not your seniority date.

Please read.

each contract year.
OMG! Seniority and seniority date is one and ther same.

saintrick

Everything like vacations and retirement and GWI is based on your seniority date NOT the day you attain seniority.

I will post it again for you.

each contract year.

Please tell me where it says if you have a seniority date prior to Aug 1 you get the GWI.

What it does say is that if you have ATTAINED seniority as of Aug 1 you get the GWI

Quigley

I will post it again for you.

each contract year.

Please tell me where it says if you have a seniority date prior to Aug 1 you get the GWI.

What it does say is that if you have ATTAINED seniority as of Aug 1 you get the GWI
You are hopeless. Now you are saying people who have a seniority date prior to Aug 1 do not get the GWI. Only people who have ATTAINED seniority date as of Aug 1 get the GWI.
Did you really just say that?

scisector9

I've been trying to follow all this progression and raise discussion and it is making my head spin. What I don't understand is why the union and ups would make so many different pay and progression classes. Casuals get paid this rate, new hires get this rate and progression, those who were going for book during the contract get something else completely. Tricky. I'm in 710 and had seniority date of July 16 I believe but didn't obtain seniority until September. I hope our contract is more cut and dry. For what its worth hr and my steward said I would be on 3 year progression.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

I've been trying to follow all this progression and raise discussion and it is making my head spin. What I don't understand is why the union and ups would make so many different pay and progression classes. Casuals get paid this rate, new hires get this rate and progression, those who were going for book during the contract get something else completely. Tricky. I'm in 710 and had seniority date of July 16 I believe but didn't obtain seniority until September. I hope our contract is more cut and dry. For what its worth hr and my steward said I would be on 3 year progression.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Look in your supplement under seniority and see what it says about probation. That will tell you when your seniority date should be based on the days you work.

saintrick

You are hopeless. Now you are saying people who have a seniority date prior to Aug 1 do not get the GWI. Only people who have ATTAINED seniority date as of Aug 1 get the GWI.
Did you really just say that?

What in the world are you talking about?

Of course people with a seniority date prior to Aug 1 get the GWI as long as the attained that date prior to Aug 1.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I do not know why people are making this harder than it is?
If you started driving before August 1st, you are under the old contract and will be under the old progression. If you started after August 1st under new 4 year progression.
If you make book which takes 30 driving days, you have attained seniority which reverts back to the first day of driving after orientation.

Seasonal drivers are temp employees and only receive the the starting pay at the time they started, they do receive raises nor do they make seniority unless they drove for 30 days outside of the free period.

Quigley

Then what the hell did you ask me this for?

saintrick

Answer this for me.

If you start on July 15 and you are in an area where it takes 30 days to attain seniority and you work you 30th day Sep 5th.

When did you attain seniority?

Quigley

Since everything is based on your seniority date, NOT when you attain seniority, the question should be what is his seniority date. In this case its July 15. Once you attain seniority, in this case Sept 5th, that date goes away and has nothing to with anything in the future. The July 15th date now becomes effective for everything to do with seniority.

saintrick

Since everything is based on your seniority date, NOT when you attain seniority, the question should be what is his seniority date. In this case its July 15. Once you attain seniority, in this case Sept 5th, that date goes away and has nothing to with anything in the future. The July 15th date now becomes effective for everything to do with seniority.

I've posted the language for you twice so a third time probably wont help but here we go.

2008 2013 will receive the following general wage increases for
each contract year.

I wonder what "who have attained seniority as of August 1" means?

You continue to state that the GWI is based on your seniority date please show me where it says this.

To the OP you did not get the .70 because you did not have seniority as of Aug 1st.