Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public...

browniehound

Had another one today that said "wait here, while I get the pkg, you just delivered", well not wanting to be rude,well wanting to, but thinking better of it....I give her an LTD and she goes to get a JCP ripped to shreds, delivered by the Post Office. "Now did you take the blouse out of this bag and rip it like this???"
I said no this is my first and only stop here today.
That would be the other lady with a pony tail that has a little white jeep.
She says "it looks like you just ripped it open and stole my blouse, put rubber bands around it and rang my dinger and ran away".

I told her I wouldnt like the blouse, it wouldnt fit, and I would get fired for stealing her 20 dollar blouse, and I do not believe the other pony tail lady would either. Still not able to convince her, I was a totally different company.
So I had to go while she is still yelling at me, and I told her the "USPS is the government, I am UPS, not affiliated, and yes the government will steal the shirt off your back" Finally silent, I drove away.

Good one Tooner. I'm not that quick-witted and would have just resorted to being rude.:lol:

browniehound

"Or somebody receives their $500 airline tickets via UPS a day too late (not our fault) and they miss their flight. So they call us to get their $500 back..."

I thought airline tickets were a thing of the past? Last few times I flew, I only needed my ID.

browniehound

The thing I get a kick out of is the shipper that sends 2-day air packages to an address about 6 miles away. Who ever is in charge of controlling costs in that company should be fired IMO.

The thing I get a kick out of is the shipper that sends 2-day air packages to an address about 6 miles away. Who ever is in charge of controlling costs in that company should be fired IMO.

I have a large medical equipment company on my route that occupies a very large warehouse. One corner of that warehouse is occupied by a different division of the same company. The inside of the warehouse is open and any employee from either division has free access to any part of the building, yet at least once or twice a month I'll get a NDA going from one side of the building to the other.....

browniehound

This was before E Tickets...

And don't forget the NDA's that are sent out within the same city. Never could figure that one out. :sad:

At least with NDAs in the same city they have a 1030 commit. With 2-day air in the same city they will arrive with the grounds.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a large medical equipment company on my route that occupies a very large warehouse. One corner of that warehouse is occupied by a different division of the same company. The inside of the warehouse is open and any employee from either division has free access to any part of the building, yet at least once or twice a month I'll get a NDA going from one side of the building to the other.....

I used to be on a route that had a company like that. They were an outboard motorboat company. They had a Training School in one end of a building and a Parts Warehouse at the other end. They would ship boxes to themselves in the same building. The NDA Letters from two to five miles away in the same city are crazy too.:confused:1

hoser

Industrial Slob
I used to be on a route that had a company like that. They were an outboard motorboat company. They had a Training School in one end of a building and a Parts Warehouse at the other end. They would ship boxes to themselves in the same building. The NDA Letters from two to five miles away in the same city are crazy too.:confused:1
It's so they have a 3rd party delivering it and receiving a POD for auditing purposes.

upshawk

I had a girl in her 20's ask me in late October when I would be putting the side doors back on the package car. She said with Winter approaching it would be starting to get cold.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
For me it's "Hot enought out there for ya?" in the summer and "cold enough out there for ya?" in the winter. Yeah, rhetorical questions. Every day all day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
For me it's "Hot enought out there for ya?" in the summer and "cold enough out there for ya?" in the winter. Yeah, rhetorical questions. Every day all day.
91 and 100% humidity, and I got that question all.....day....long. I just say not yet.
Ill b**CH when its -12, it can be 100 and Ill say "yes its pretty hot", and then go run through a sprinkler, let a kid hit me with a super soaker, or get back in the truck and put ice on my neck and let it melt, and Im AOK. I hate the cold, I shouldnt live in OHIO.
PS (rubbing it in) BUT THEN I HAVE A BRAND NEW AUTOMATIC TRUCK AND WORK IS ALMOST LIKE NOT WORK, HAHAH, HEHEHEH SUCH A WENCH i AM

M

Midwest Upser

When asked "is it hot enough for ya" I always say a few degrees warmer and it will be just right. Same for when it is below zero a few degrees colder and it will be just right...they always just smile and realise dumb question; dumb answer

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I like it when a customer says "you're late" at 1 o'clock....I'm not going to dig through 300 pkgs. to look for one ground pkg. They get 3 a week and they arn't even a pick up account.
I tell them, "Whenever I get here is 'on time.' If I was late, you'd be closed!"

browndude

uhhh ya'll do realize that there really is ground service to alaska and hawaii now. seriously check it out if you dont believe me it became offered a while back but costs almost as much as 2da

wkmac

If anyone knows Bill Engval or someone close to him, please send him/them a link to this thread. There is tons of good material for a
"Here's Your Sign" monologue that he just can't pass up. The stupidity alone IMO should get you guy's hourly rate doubled just to pay for a therapist to work with you for having to deal with such idiots.

You guys have my greatest respect!

Went to make a call tag pickup at a school today and the principal, THE PRINCIPAL looks at me and says, "Are you with FedEx?"

:cursing:

Why yes I am, what gave it away? The fashionable brown polyester blend uniform? Maybe it was the UPS shield on my hat... or chest... or socks. Oh I know what it was... It must have been when I walked into the office and upon seeing nobody at the desk I yelled out "UPS!!"

:eek:

And no he wasn't trying to be funny, he was dead serious.

brown67

Did a pick-up this week and noticed that the shipper was sending a box to Denver (45 miles south) 3 day select. I said " You this will get there tomorrow if you send it ground." He said, " I know that and tried to explain it to the person who ordered it, but they insisted on three day select." The guy even told them they would hold it for 2 days and ship it ground to save them on shipping cost, but the customer wanted 3 day select.:w00t: