#NeverDrumpf movement - the list gets bigger and bigger everyday..

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The movement within the GOP known as #nevertrump continues to pick up big names that swear they will never vote for DRUMPF.

Additionally, large corporations are starting to come out and acknowledge they too will not support DRUMPF.

This thread will consist of all the members of the GOP who do not support DRUMPF and will not vote for him in the general election.

Its a sad situation for the GOP that they put forth a candidate so divisive and unqualified.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
7 Major companies have pulled out of supporting Donald Trump and the GOP convention for 2016. All these companies supported the GOP and the convention in 2016 when Mitt Romney ran for office, but because of DRUMPFS vitriolic hate speech and outrageous policy suggestions, these intitial 7 corporations will not support the GOP candidate or the convention.

More Companies Are Pulling Money Out of Trump's Republican Convention

Its just the begining.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Eliot Cohen
Photograph by Minehan — ullstein bild ullstein bild via Getty Images

Background: Influential neoconservative who held multiple positions in the George W. Bush administration.
Statement: In tweeting his short list of reasons to not vote for Trump, he listed, “demagoguery, torture, bigotry, misogyny, isolationism, violence. Not the Party of Lincoln & not me.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Carlos Curbelo
Photograph by Tom Williams — CQ-Roll Call,Inc./Getty Images

Background: Congressional representative from Florida’s 26th district.
Statement: “This man does things and says things that I teach my six- and three-year-olds not to say,” Curbelo told the Wall Street Journal in an interview. “I could never look them in the eye and tell them that I support someone so crass and insulting and offensive to lead the greatest nation in the world.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Kevin Madden
Kevin Madden with GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.Photograph by Justin Sullivan — Getty Images

Background: Communications strategist to three Republican presidential campaigns as well as one-time press secretary to former Speaker of the House John Boehner.
Statement: “For many Republicans, Trump is more than just a political choice,” Madden told the Washington Post. “It’s a litmus test for character. I’m prepared to write somebody in so that I have a clear conscience.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
E. Scott Rigell
Photograph by Bill Clark — CQ-Roll Call,Inc./Getty Images

Background:Representative of Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District.
Statement:”Trump is a bully, unworthy of our nomination,” Rigell wrote in an email, published by the website Hot Air. “My love for our country eclipses my loyalty to our party, and to live with a clear conscience I will not support a nominee so lacking in the judgment, temperament and character needed to be our nation’s commander-in-chief. Accordingly, if left with no alternative, I will not support Trump in the general election should he become our Republican nominee.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ben Sasse
Photograph by Bill Clark — CQ-Roll Call,Inc./Getty Images

Background: Republican Senator from Nebraska
Statement: “A presidential candidate who boasts about what he’ll do during his ‘reign’ and refuses to condemn the KKK cannot lead a conservative movement in America,” Sasse wrote on his Facebook account. On Twitter he said, “If Trump becomes the Republican nominee my expectation is that I’ll look for some 3rd candidate – a conservative option, a Constitutionalist.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Peter Wehner
Photograph by Preston Keres — The Washington Post Washington Post/Getty Images

Background: Served in the administrations of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush as a speechwriter and advisor.
Statement: “Mr. Trump’s virulent combination of ignorance, emotional instability, demagogy, solipsism and vindictiveness would do more than result in a failed presidency; it could very well lead to national catastrophe,” he wrote in the New York Times. “The prospect of Donald Trump as commander in chief should send a chill down the spine of every American.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Christie Todd Whitman

Photograph by Aaron Davidson — Getty Images

Background: Former governor of New Jersey
Statement: “No, I won’t. I can’t,” Whitman said on Bloomberg Politics when asked if she would support Trump should he be nominated. “The kind of rhetoric in which he is engaged, the divisiveness he is encouraging, the belittling of people just by reason of their ethnicity, he is creating a divide in this country that I think is very dangerous for the future and while I certainly don’t want four more years of another Clinton administration or more years of the Obama administration, I would take that over the kind of damage that I think that Donald Trump could do to this country, to its reputation, to the people of this country.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
FORMERLY FOR TRUMP, NOW AGAINST HIM

1. Sen. Mark Kirk (R.-Ill.)

The Illinois senator called Trump “kind of a riverboat gamble” in May, but said he would endorse him if he became the party’s nominee — which Trump is poised to do after securing the “magic number” of delegates needed. Kirk faces a tough re-election challenge and originally said Trump would ultimately help him in that race. Fast forward past Trump’s divisive remarks about Judge Gonzalo Curiel’s Mexican heritage and numerous other controversial comments to June, when Kirk became the first senator to rescind his endorsement. He declared in a statement released June 7 that Trump’s remarks about the federal judge were “dead wrong” and “un-American.” Kirk then added, “After much consideration, I have concluded that Donald Trump has not demonstrated the temperament necessary to assume the greatest office in the world.”

Mark KirkVerified account‏@MarkKirk Jun 7

Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal.
12:39 PM - 7 Jun 2016
4,060 retweets 5,840 likes

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
NEVER TRUMP, WOULD SUPPORT HILLARY CLINTON

1. Mark Salter, former aide and speechwriter for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

Salter, a longtime Republican aide to McCain, has been penning anti-Trump essays since at least last July. He wrote the first for Real Clear Politics comparing Trump to P.T. Barnum but “with bad hair.” Then, in a January 2016 Esquire piece titled “We Deserve Better Than Donald Trump,” Salter wrote more about his distaste for the front-runner.

“Are we in such dire straits that we must dispense with civility, kindness, tolerance and normal decency to put a mean-spirited, lying jerk in the White House?” Salter wrote.

In late February, he penned another piece for Real Clear Politics, proposing that Hillary Clinton was the preferable alternative. “Trump is not trying to make great America great. He’s trying to make us the worst we can be to satisfy his own vainglory. There’s no dealing with him, no trying to encourage him to behave like a grown-up, much less a statesman. If you can see him plainly and you love our country, you must vote against him. Even if that means electing Hillary Clinton.”

Salter reiterated his stance in a Facebook post in March: “I will vote for Marco Rubio in the VA primary Tuesday, and, of course, I will proudly and with enormous relief vote for him again if he’s our nominee. I will vote for Hillary Clinton without hesitation if the Fascist quoting, friend of the Klan, Donald Trump is the GOP nominee.”

In May, when Indiana’s primary decided Trump as the likely Republican nominee, Salter again doubled down on his opposition, saying again that he will support Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump in November. He tweeted: “I’m with her.”

Mark Salter‏@MarkSalter55 May 3

the GOP is going to nominate for President a guy who reads the National Enquirer and thinks it's on the level. I'm with her.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
David Ross Meyers, former White House staffer under George W. Bush, former communications adviser for the Senate Republican Leadership

In an editorial for Fox News, entitled “A message for my fellow Republicans: If you back Trump you will not be trusted again,” Meyers excoriates his Republican brethren who “seem to be acquiescing to the idea of a Donald Trump candidacy and presidency.” He writes: “Donald Trump is unfit to be president of the United States for reasons almost too numerous to mention.”

But mention them Meyers does, in lucid detail, taking to task “opportunistic politicians, like governors Chris Christie and Paul LePage” who have endorsed Trump, and the Republicans “who privately (or publicly) oppose Mr. Trump, yet will support him as the Party’s nominee.”

Meyers goes on to declare support for Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, and urges Republicans to speak out against Trump’s candidacy.

“Any Republican who claims that it’s better to elect Donald Trump than Hillary Clinton either lacks proper judgement, or has become so blinded by partisan ideology that they have lost objectivity,” Meyers writes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Richard Armitage, deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush

Politico reports that Armitage, who also served as an appointee under Ronald Reagan, will break Republican ranks this fall rather than vote for Donald Trump.

“If Donald Trump is the nominee, I would vote for Hillary Clinton,” Armitage told Politico. “He doesn’t appear to be to be a Republican, he doesn’t appear to want to learn about issues. So I’m going to vote for Mrs. Clinton.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
NEVER TRUMP, NO DEFINITE ALTERNATIVE

1. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.)

Sasse was the first Republican in Congress to announce he will never vote for Trump. On Facebook in February, he wrote, “My current answer for who I would support in a hypothetical matchup between Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton is: Neither of them. I sincerely hope we select one of the other GOP candidates, but if Donald Trump ends up as the GOP nominee, conservatives will need to find a third option.”

After Trump’s decisive victory in Indiana, making him the presumptive nominee, Sasse tweeted that his February Facebook post still stands: “Reporters keep asking if Indiana changes anything for me. The answer is simple: No.”

Sasse expanded further in an open letter “to majority America” on Facebook the night of May 4, addressed to “those who think both leading presidential candidates are dishonest and have little chance of leading America forward.” In the letter, Sasse urges his followers to consider a third party candidate and lays out a wish list of sorts for the type of person that might be. “Why shouldn’t America draft an honest leader who will focus on 70% solutions for the next four years? You know…an adult?” Sasse writes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
2. Mitt Romney, 2012 GOP nominee, former Massachusetts governor

Romney, an elder statesman of the party, delivered a scathing speech in early March denouncing Trump as a phony, a fraud, a misogynist and a threat to America. By May, when Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, Romney’s stance hadn’t changed.

“I see way too much demagoguery and populism on both sides of the aisle and I only hope and aspire that we’ll see more greatness,” Romney said at an event on May 5. “I don’t intend on supporting either of the major party candidates at this point.”