New 18 second rule for bulkhead door.

mpeedy

We have been on Orion for a year. A couple of weeks ago we we're told there was a new report that was going to be hot. If you have 1 package for a stop you have 18 seconds to open your bulk head door, find the package and close your bulk head door. At the end of the day the report will talley up how many times you failed at doing this. On top of this the report will show how long your bulk head door was open all day. If you are at the bottom of the list you will be talked to.
The big offenders are told that if they can't find the package within 18 seconds close the door then reopen it because this resets the clock.
If you have a bulk stop to deliver out the back, keep the bulkhead door closed. (I think this one is a safety issue if it is hot outside not having ventilation.)
Someone needs to make a movie about this job with Orion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are delivering a bulk stop out of the back why would you need to have the bulkhead door open?

18 seconds may not sound like a lot of time but it should be more than enough to open the door, select the package(s) and close the door. I disagree with closing the door within that time just to stay off a report----that would waste more time than it would save.

UPSGUY72

Who ever told you that is full of it. Don't believe everything you hear.......

There is one problem the telematics sensors don't work when the car is off.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Who ever told you that is full of it. Don't believe everything you hear.......

There is one problem the telematics sensors don't work when the car is off.
Wrong, the vehicle is off when you open your door via the keyless ignition switch, which does keep count how many times the bulkhead door was opened and shut.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That is such a ridiculous metric.
There is no way that having a bulkhead door open for 19 seconds proves anything but utter ignorance from IE geeks in Atlanta.
All it does is provide a false sense of urgency that the job already provides in a whole.
I will gladly bottom myself out on that report daily while still providing service and being a "scratch" driver.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is no way that having a bulkhead door open for 19 seconds proves anything but utter ignorance from IE geeks in Atlanta.
All it does is provide a false sense of urgency that the job already provides in a whole.
I will gladly bottom myself out on that report daily while still providing service and being a "scratch" driver.

UPS could easily say its another metric but it would just be another meaningless data point in their reports.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to call it "massaging the load"---spending more time than needed in the cargo area.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We used to call it "massaging the load"---spending more time than needed in the cargo area.

That info can be found using the diad ,telematics, and GPS functions.
They actually want you to keep all drinks in the back of the truck to keep from distracted driving, now you're under the gun to sip your water while stopped at a delivery.
Plus, no driver's truck looks like the ones on all the Orion propaganda videos and UPS puff pieces on the news, NOT ONE.
They just want to see how far they can push the system.

Notretiredyet

That ones an EZ fix, close door when you go in back to search for package. Reopen after you find it, and make the delivery. Then they'll have a report for excessive door use.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It goes by pieces per stop? I wonder if it will take into account a 140 pounder half as long as the truck. Doubt it.

Just another report for me to wipe my ass with.