New 8's

JackStraw

Had the pleasure of driving one last week. Man what a sweet ride. Normally drive a p7 diesel. Havn't heard how good they are in the snow but ANYTHING has to be better than those diesels.

BCFan

Those old 8 series were and are terrible on the knees I really think that is where my knees started the deterioration process...course it sux to get old too......BC

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm driving a '96 P700, Freightliner, 300,000+ miles and counting.
Most like it in my building have died and are gone.
It's been a good vehicle and a pleasure to drive.
Wasn't concerned about getting a new one until they spotted a new Workhorse regular gas P700 model in my spot a few weeks ago.
Wow!!!!
What a great ride, I will have one soon.

S

serenity now

Wasn't concerned about getting a new one until they spotted a new Workhorse regular gas P700 model in my spot a few weeks ago.
Wow!!!!

drove one of those new (right out of the crate) for a year and a half
great acceleration, very quiet

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am loving the new trucks! Kudos to UPS for making the upgrade!

No, kudos to OSHA, the DOT and the labor agreement for requiring the company to include basic safety and ergonomic features in the newer cars. Dont think for one minute that your well-being is or ever has been a factor when deciding what equipment to include or delete from the purchase order; the company's only concern has always been to put the cheapest DOT-legal vehicle they possibly could on the road, and if it got people hurt or killed thats just too damn bad.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Somebody post a picture so we can all see. Please.

Wouldn't we get in trouble for taking a pic and posting it here. I have taken a couple pics to show here, but haven't done so out of concern for my job.

Besides, if you have seen a new 1000 (the one with the less round nose and elongated vs round headlights) you've seen the 8; it's just 3-5 ft shorter. Now, there is another new car with a composite lower body-feels like plastic-that has debuted in my bldg, reminiscent of the car the UK UPSer posted a pic of in the summer. It's slightly larger than a Sprinter, and goes out on regular routes. I'm wondering if it is the new 6 (and I'd love to post a pic but, you know...)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow!!!!

The workhorse trucks are terrible.

bumped

Whats wrong with the diesels?

I thought we were striving to be a greem company. where are all those electric/natural gas/propane/ methane/ and any other "ane" fuel?

Does the new 8's have the brown colored molded plastic throughout all the plastic?

I would be a little worried about putting up a pic! I know you are not allowed to take pics inside the building. They would probably say you was stealing time!!!I trust them as far as i can throw my package car!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would be a little worried about putting up a pic! I know you are not allowed to take pics inside the building. They would probably say you was stealing time!!!I trust them as far as i can throw my package car!!

I take pics all the time. If they dont like it they can kiss my arse.

Buck Fifty

I was in a newer p700 for thanksgiving and they are great, but this one would beep with the blinkers, the lights, the brake. The task was to shut the damn thing up so I didnt go crazy.