New 9.5 List Rules !!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I know someone who is on the 9.5 committee and this is just a rumor. There is no new agreement for someone driving over 140 miles.
My local had some of our executive officers at the greivance panel in california several weeks back, and they were there when this decision was handed down. He speaks the truth about these rumors, also heard marty had to be restrained after he heard this.

tourists24

My local had some of our executive officers at the greivance panel in california several weeks back, and they were there when this decision was handed down. He speaks the truth about these rumors, also heard marty had to be restrained after he heard this.
I know some rumors are true about some changes, but not the 140 mile rule limit. I just talked to the guy last night and he sits on the actual 9.5 committee that hears the cases(he's not hall, but very close to him). You know how rumors go so if you wish to PM me, I can tell you some of the things I heard straight from him

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know some rumors are true about some changes, but not the 140 mile rule limit. I just talked to the guy last night and he sits on the actual 9.5 committee that hears the cases(he's not hall, but very close to him). You know how rumors go so if you wish to PM me, I can tell you some of the things I heard straight from him

It wouldnt surprise me if they threw out all 9.5 language after christmas, saying the economy is so bad that they wont be able to do do this until things pick up!

SuperSup

The Business Agent for my guys' local stopped by my office to ask about this; he wanted to know which routes were considered "rural" and thus exempt from the opt in/out list. I told him that nobody was exempt, which doesn't matter because none of my guys opted in. I think there is mass confusion from local to local, and within the company, which costs both sides more in the long run trying to resolve these issues. Oh well, my guys would actually be worse off if they opted in.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I just got back from a meeting at my local where I asked about this issue specifically. I was told there have been no changes and that the language in the contract stands as written. Apparently the "140 mile rule" or whatever was something that the company asked for during the negotiations, but it was rejected by the union.

Braveheart

They make it up as they go. I have been told 110 miles, 125 miles and now 140.

It is all a big lie. Demand to your local union to get them paid. Get all of the drivers to call the union at both the local and the national until crap gets fixed. If not vote the SOB's out!