New boots Bragging Thread.

FilingBluesFL

A couple of my gal pals got me some Doc Martins for my birthday a year ago. Well, the heels came undone, tried gluing them back with heavy duty cement, and no luck.

So I went out and got me some sweet new kicks today. I know a few guys on here run the Red Wings, so I guess I'm in the club now.

Eager to break them in and see how nice they can be on da feets for work!

2015-04-18_17-02-40_781.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
A couple of my gal pals got me some Doc Martins for my birthday a year ago. Well, the heels came undone, tried gluing them back with heavy duty cement, and no luck.

So I went out and got me some sweet new kicks today. I know a few guys on here run the Red Wings, so I guess I'm in the club now.

View attachment 35876

Next time try Gorilla Glue (follow directions to a tee). I swear that :censored2: will glue anything to anything

ManInBrown

Don't like RedWings. Way too heavy. They feel like you are wearing CinderBlocks on your feet. I regret buying them. They were a fortune. Nike ACG the only way to go for boots. Best I've ever owned. They feel great. I only break out the RedWings on days it's supposed to rain. The ACG's are not waterproof. The RedWings are. Feet never get wet.

FilingBluesFL

Next time try Gorilla Glue (follow directions to a tee). I swear that :censored2: will glue anything to anything

I used that, and I have this CR4000 stuff, too. Both sucked. Cleaned up the surface real well with non-residue cleaner and everything. Let them sit over night to cure.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 35876

Aren't you glad you posted about your new Red Wings now---so everybody can run them down. This is a though crowd to deal with.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Yep. I have an old pair of Nike golf shoes I save for wet days. Two years ago, the soles started to separate. Gorilla Glue saved the day.

Ugly, but they work for me.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had some Red Wings a long time ago. Expensive and a little heavy but very well made. I don't know what their quality is like now.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used that, and I have this CR4000 stuff, too. Both sucked. Cleaned up the surface real well with non-residue cleaner and everything. Let them sit over night to cure.

The secret to Gorilla glue is to make sure both surfaces are damp and make sure pressure is applied overnight. They more pressure the better