new cap on bonus?

satellitedriver

Hey, my steward mentioned today that the new talk in our supplement (710), which has not passed yet, is that there will be a cap on bonus. No driver will be paid more than 1 hour of bonus, no matter how much they can shave off the route. I kind of like this idea to put the brakes on the gunners and just wondered if anyone else had heard any rumors like this.
I can only guess that you are not on PAS/EDD, yet.
The time studies will make sure bonus routes no longer exist.
At the minimum average, one hour is cut off of every route.
In my case, 2hrs.
No thoughts of bonus, anymore.
I work longer now and get paid OT for the IE cost cutting.

B

brownalicous

((((new talk in our supplement (710), which has not passed yet))))

UPS Grunt, at 22 years you should realize that if ANY piece of the contract has not passed or been voted on then THE ENTIRE contract does not go into effect until it has passed in total the former contract will stay in effect until the new passes.

Some of you will remember the 2 supplements that held the contract after the strike up for a few months

We have bonus in CA ( in some places) BUT when IE, ( Internal Engineering - just in case) sees that you are making a decent bonus often you will find it decreases ((((MAGICALLY))))...because IE will just change the numbers. In our center we had IE hard copies to compare numbers ( All you need is a unhappy Sup which is easy to find). The company flipped at the precious data we had in our hands.

Most people realize that often you must keep the bulk head open, blow through your breaks / lunch. Cut corners etc. to really beat your time study these days - by any worthwhile amount.
BUT
UPS also realizes those who run jump etc cost the company a lot of money. The Tie Guy and his bonus BS. Kills me. Dear TIE GUY when a person reaches 42 one can be held accountable for age discrimination. As ALOT of drivers are 42 or over when you compare them and maybe even call them slow and taunt them because they cannot keep up with the young guys YOU are putting yourself and UPS into a violation of federal law. We had a sup, make this grave mistake. I am sure that he asks if you would like to super size your order when you see him at work these days.

As I sit here typing this after my knee surgery that will ultimately take nearly a year of recovery, over 40000 in checks to me over the recovery year ( yeah I like bonus AND overtime) not to mention the surgery cost, the PT costs, etc. THE newer manager should, with a bit of common sense, realizes that it DOES not pay to spend 100000 on a body repair just so the driver can come back to work BONUS in his / her center. Get used to the disappearing bonus ( we reduced- so there is enough that you'll try to get some)

When we still pay one of the highest workmans comp cost in the country. Someone one of these days will get it.

The truth is if you want real bonus.... bid a route with pickups....and a lot of them. When MGMNT thinks it is realistic to give drivers 180+ stops ( this is not a joke as many of you know) in crappy NON power steering cars just sign up for the 9.5 and work safely.
IE has not figured a way to screw you out of your pick up volume yet. OH but they are trying.

ONE FINAL NOTE. If you make a lot of bonus you pay a premium tax on that money ( IT IS A BONUS). IT does not go into your total fund that the state of CA would used to calculate a disability payment for you AND it does NOT at all go into the Workmans comp pay. In CA this rate is 2/3 of your weekly check up to a max ( somewhere near 840.00)

If you make a 1000 a week and a bunch of bonus AND you get HURT do the math..... NO more bonus and now you have to feed your family on 666.00 or so.
IF you are a bonus guy/ girl get secondary insurance to cover what you MIGHT lose if you find yourself injured.

Realize you are not office workers, but a lot like athletes and as you know athletes get injured. They do not want to get hurt and neither do you, but it happens.

When all the package cars have power steering AND a low step... I will THEN realize UPS is "serious about safety." Until then I will take your checks, go to all of your meetings that you will pay me for, file my 9.5's and right now spend my summer with my family. My kids are happy dads at home ( bad knee and all) but this will be the last time I can really spend quality time with them until retirement. God bless UPS.

Go niners

S

speeddemon

Bonus is not a reality in our center. We run 22-24 routes a day, and on average, 2-3 people might come in under allowed. I consider it lying. The new PAS allowances are pure dishonest. Why is that acceptable for them to be dishonest, yet we can be fired for it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bonus? THE People who get a bonus sounds like a bunch of scabs and kiss asses non union, what you dont want a luncH ? you wanna go home early? GO TO FEDX. I hope the guy that gets laid off in the next car to you because you dont want lunch and you want to see how fast you can burn out in you time with ups. I hope he has something to say to you. just remember to say your sorry to his family house payments ect ect ect. take your bouns and shove it. What the pay you make is not good enough? I wish i knew what local your in oh i forgot your not a union member YOUR A SCAB.....

20 year member of local 344, thanks for asking. The guy next to me takes any day off he can get and has a nicer house than mine. We're talking an hour maybe, it's not like I'm running 3 routes at once. Instead of talking and wasting time all day and then claiming you still have lunch and break coming try taking 20 more stops tomorrow and get it done in the same time. Like Tieguy says, I don't mind getting paid $42 an hour to eat supper.

satellitedriver

((((new talk in our supplement (710), which has not passed yet))))

UPS Grunt, at 22 years you should realize that if ANY piece of the contract has not passed or been voted on then THE ENTIRE contract does not go into effect until it has passed in total the former contract will stay in effect until the new passes.

Some of you will remember the 2 supplements that held the contract after the strike up for a few months

We have bonus in CA ( in some places) BUT when IE, ( Internal Engineering - just in case) sees that you are making a decent bonus often you will find it decreases ((((MAGICALLY))))...because IE will just change the numbers. In our center we had IE hard copies to compare numbers ( All you need is a unhappy Sup which is easy to find). The company flipped at the precious data we had in our hands.

Most people realize that often you must keep the bulk head open, blow through your breaks / lunch. Cut corners etc. to really beat your time study these days - by any worthwhile amount.
BUT
UPS also realizes those who run jump etc cost the company a lot of money. The Tie Guy and his bonus BS. Kills me. Dear TIE GUY when a person reaches 42 one can be held accountable for age discrimination. As ALOT of drivers are 42 or over when you compare them and maybe even call them slow and taunt them because they cannot keep up with the young guys YOU are putting yourself and UPS into a violation of federal law. We had a sup, make this grave mistake. I am sure that he asks if you would like to super size your order when you see him at work these days.

As I sit here typing this after my knee surgery that will ultimately take nearly a year of recovery, over 40000 in checks to me over the recovery year ( yeah I like bonus AND overtime) not to mention the surgery cost, the PT costs, etc. THE newer manager should, with a bit of common sense, realizes that it DOES not pay to spend 100000 on a body repair just so the driver can come back to work BONUS in his / her center. Get used to the disappearing bonus ( we reduced- so there is enough that you'll try to get some)

When we still pay one of the highest workmans comp cost in the country. Someone one of these days will get it.

The truth is if you want real bonus.... bid a route with pickups....and a lot of them. When MGMNT thinks it is realistic to give drivers 180+ stops ( this is not a joke as many of you know) in crappy NON power steering cars just sign up for the 9.5 and work safely.
IE has not figured a way to screw you out of your pick up volume yet. OH but they are trying.

ONE FINAL NOTE. If you make a lot of bonus you pay a premium tax on that money ( IT IS A BONUS). IT does not go into your total fund that the state of CA would used to calculate a disability payment for you AND it does NOT at all go into the Workmans comp pay. In CA this rate is 2/3 of your weekly check up to a max ( somewhere near 840.00)

If you make a 1000 a week and a bunch of bonus AND you get HURT do the math..... NO more bonus and now you have to feed your family on 666.00 or so.
IF you are a bonus guy/ girl get secondary insurance to cover what you MIGHT lose if you find yourself injured.

Realize you are not office workers, but a lot like athletes and as you know athletes get injured. They do not want to get hurt and neither do you, but it happens.

When all the package cars have power steering AND a low step... I will THEN realize UPS is "serious about safety." Until then I will take your checks, go to all of your meetings that you will pay me for, file my 9.5's and right now spend my summer with my family. My kids are happy dads at home ( bad knee and all) but this will be the last time I can really spend quality time with them until retirement. God bless UPS.

Go niners

Interesting,illogical, anon rant.
I can only assume you were never a bonus driver.
Long term repetitive motion injuries occur at UPS and should be addressed.
To blame your injury on bonus, just doesn't make any sense.