New Contract 9.5 Question

HULKAMANIA

Before the people that voted in this new horrid contract I remember them stating that the company will no longer be able to "load us up" at the end of the week. Does anybody remember this? If its in the contract can someone please point me in the right direction cause Im not seeing anything about it. I am 100% sick of this stops per car kick causing 10 hour days ALLLLL the time! Im sick of the harrassment that comes from filing when you do file the 9.5. Im sick of management using the "how much do you get paid" statement as an answer to EVERYTHING.

Sorry just a little late night rant after another 11 hour day.

By The Book

Before the people that voted in this new horrid contract I remember them stating that the company will no longer be able to "load us up" at the end of the week. Does anybody remember this? If its in the contract can someone please point me in the right direction cause Im not seeing anything about it. I am 100% sick of this stops per car kick causing 10 hour days ALLLLL the time! Im sick of the harrassment that comes from filing when you do file the 9.5. Im sick of management using the "how much do you get paid" statement as an answer to EVERYTHING.

Read article 37 in the national master.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Its a shame that all the harassment and all the childish games come from 1 ultimate idea and that is, THEY ARE PISSED ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE. Ridiculous really but they hate their employees that much. Never worked for a company that has that much hatred for their employees. They will try and do everything they can to own their employees like slaves and try and control every last aspect of your life. Power trip and mind game is all it is really.

burco8080

i am on the 9.5 list and work a 9.49 day and my sup said that it did not count because I was only over by 19 min. So I called the union as always he was wrong 9.5 is 9.5and no more

By The Book

i am on the 9.5 list and work a 9.49 day and my sup said that it did not count because I was only over by 19 min. So I called the union as always he was wrong 9.5 is 9.5and no more
Did you have three over 9.5's the week you worked your 9.49, which is 9 hours and 49 minutes?

oldngray

nowhere special
common_core_math.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager

You and Supervisor need additional training. You are good for each other. Your local blew you off on the phone and didn't even correct you or try to educate you.

Did you have three over 9.5's the week you worked your 9.49, which is 9 hours and 49 minutes?

OMG! The blind leading the blind.

9.49 is 9 hours and 28 minutes.

and we have a winner. Thanks Dave

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He obviously meant that he worked 9 hrs and 49 minutes, 19 minutes over and for sure a violation if he's on the 9.5 opt-in list.

What I don't get is how they are harassing because someone is on the 9.5 list?
It's kind of like teasing a younger sibling when they try to talk to me.
Laugh at them, act confused, pretend to not hear them, whatever it takes to frustrate them.
If they think they are getting to you, they won't stop.
Go out, do your job by their methods (all of them) and let them worry about the numbers.
If your violated, file and let Dragon explain why "it was only 19 minutes over and doesn't count".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What I don't get is how they are harassing because someone is on the 9.5 list?

I don't get that either.

It's kind of like teasing a younger sibling when they try to talk to me.
Laugh at them, act confused, pretend to not hear them, whatever it takes to frustrate them.

The key, to dealing with management. :biggrin:

If your violated, file and let Dragon explain why "it was only 19 minutes over and doesn't count".

I would like to hear that explanation.

Let a driver.... try and justify.... why 10:31 on NDA isn't really late.

-Bug-

burco8080

still on the 9.5 list but now they have moved my start time back by thirty min. we load our on trucks so it off of sort and load time.

By The Book

Never mind Dragon, he must of got reamed on a conference call. If a man in his position doesn't know what my posts meant that's ok, maybe there will be an app to download so he can keep track.

O

OLDMAN3

still on the 9.5 list but now they have moved my start time back by thirty min. we load our on trucks so it off of sort and load time.

I hope you realize that your 9.5 hours includes your sort and load time.

If they move your start time back by 1/2 hour they are probably thinking that you might run to get done/get home at a reasonable hour.
I never reward this kind of management behavior...
- If they move my start time back, then the route will take even longer because of breaking off for time commits.
- If they give me a piece of "s" truck to punish me, the route will take longer.
-If they "talk" to me every morning, it will put me behind and the route will take longer.
-If they give me "safety" warning letters as punishment......you guessed it.. the route will take longer so I am "safe".

Play the game better than them. Don't ever admit their games get to you, just don't reward their games.
And under NO circumstances stop filing 9.5 grievances, otherwise they will think they can intimidate you into not filing.

Ron Carey lives on

Actually the 9.5 language was headed in the right place. It is good enforceable language. BUT the problem is it divides the drivers with less than 4 years seniority that management play musical routes with. Its a two tier system. Just like 4 years to top out. Ups always trys to divide and conquer, Hall should have seen that coming

Sent using BrownCafe App